• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Excavator movie thread

robin yates uk

well I retired a few years ago,9 to be exact.I was glad to get out of the plant hire industry. My last employer wanted us to work single time sundays as he said the competition was hotting up. I have left the UK and am in the Philippines now, happy, relaxed and laidback.The amount of ******** in Europe is bearable when you are 8000 miles away!

Festivephone

Things have got very tight in the UK , especially in Northern Ireland where I'm from. The only thing that makes it bearable is a good boss and working less than a mile from home.

robin yates uk

I worked in Northern Ireland during the troubles. I was in Belfast. I had no problems while I was there apart from one illegal border crossing when the British Army stopped me.They were from a Scottish Regiment and were not at all impressed I was English,hhahahhahahahahhahaa. I was offered a job driving a Sitemaster in the South for a cable company in 2000. I turned it down although I was impressed with their setup in the UK when I was on hire to them.

Festivephone

You wouldn't even notice there is a border now. The road markings change a bit but no customs, and police and army checkpoints are long gone.

Festivephone

I done a 3 hour ish timelapse condensed into a few minutes while i filled a dump truck and drove it myself. I set my camera for a 1 second timelapse w2hich is the slowest setting i can do. fastest is 2mins but if i done that the action would be over in a milisecond lol . Heres the vid......http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwqxy_BK1vQ

Hendrik

Festivephone

Nice work but a small thing, at 3.10 when you track over the pile of dirt, it is recommended to use your arm to gently bring the ex down.

To be honest i just couldnt be bothered. its an old beat up machine and im not so fussy as to drive by the book 24/7. I used to be very particular about operating the machine right but i get sent to do some awful jobs that are very hard on the excavator and you just give up keeping it perfect.

Hendrik

To be honest i just couldnt be bothered. its an old beat up machine and im not so fussy as to drive by the book 24/7. I used to be very particular about operating the machine right but i get sent to do some awful jobs that are very hard on the excavator and you just give up keeping it perfect.
Yes but the camera was rolling.

maddog

This statement would not look to good on a job resume, just sayin.

SeaMac

Occupation
Operator