• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Equalizer bar support

keith-50

I am the process of replacing the equalizer bar support assembly 2p-9457. I have removed lower suspension pan and discovered charcoal looking substance (possibly dried rubber from rubber pads)

Was wondering if their is supposed to be rubber pad between suspension pan 7m-673 and plate assembly 3f-4305. Or are the only rubber pads in this assembly the ones on each side of plate assembly 7m-674

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
You are going to need a machine model and serial number for that question.

John C.

Occupation
Someone should be by in a bit that has access to a book or Cat SIS. I've seen different variations in old D8 and not worked much on D6 machines. Not much I can tell you I'm afraid.

Dave Neubert

2P9415 is a rubber cushion and a 7M673 is a cushion. The 7M673 goes in the track frame the 2P9415 goes in the center on the dozer it self

John C.

Occupation
Now I think I understand what you have. As I recall there should be two pads in the center of the frame, one in front and one behind the equalizer bar. The frame of the tractor sits directly on the bar in the middle. There are V brackets on the front and rear of the bar. There should be a couple of bolt blocks on each side welded to the frame and the pads get pushed up between those those brackets and a bar is bolted to the brackets to hold the pads in place. When you push down on the blade and pick up the front of the machine, the V ledges on the bar keep the equalizer bar attached to the machine.
The pads in the track frames mount underneath the track carrier roller stands. They provide a little bit of cushion when you bounce the blade around.

keith-50

I have received my retangler shaped pads for sides, but it looked upon dissembly there was some sort of cusion substance between 3f4105 and suspension 7m673, , does not show any cusion in picture