• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Engine Oil

Kenskip1

I had a thought the other day, and I have been wondering about this. Does anyone use full synthetic engine oil in there equipment? With the cost of it so high, I was wondering if the benefits of using the full synthetic engine oil is it worth the cost over conventional motor oil. What does the engine manufacture recommend? If going from conventional oil to full synthetic would this void the engines warranty? Thanks Ken

Delmer

Most common if you need it to start in cold temps and can't plug it in. Otherwise not worth it, especially for small stuff that gets more years than hours on the oil. "semi synthetic" is so good these days that it doesn't matter.

Coaldust

Occupation
Cargo Tanks, ULSD, RUG, Methanol, LPG
Especially a compact machine with a compact engine. You could run a premium group v synthetic reasonably economic.

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
We are seeing only "synthetic" oils on the retail market now days. All the standard oils are more expensive than what is advertised as partially or fully synthetic. Only price breaks on standard oils that I see now days are on wholesale prices at the distributor.