• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Electrical problems

Savage

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
Was wondering if anyone could tell me where I could find an electrical schematic for a 2004 Terex A600 crane. Tried looking on other web sites and the Terex website with no luck. The problem we have is this crane, is it come in from an another base after attempts had been made to fix an electrical problem. So now they have new wiring harnesses but having a very hard time getting everything sorted out.

Any help very much appreciate

cranetools

Occupation
Crane Service Engineer/Troubleshooter - Web master
What needs to be sorted out? Which harness was replaced the upper crane harness or the lower harness from the electrical swivel to engine?
Sometimes you can use a print from another model very close to the same build year and size if the original is not available. You can then get it close and probably have a better chance at figuring out the rest. Check the cranetools web site perhaps they could help it may cost a little but sometimes the use of a service consultant can save a lot of money and downtime and you can also increase your knowledge base.
THe other option is to call a Terex dealer and purchase a copy of the circuit drawings (not a bad idea for the future)

Last edited:

Savage

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
I'm not sure. Just know they are putting new wiring harnesses top and bottom. New LMI, most anything electrical putting new one in. There has been electrical problems with this machine an as soon as you have one thing you think figured out. Something else happens. An it looks like the base it came from had the same problem so they had already started trying to rewire it. In short it stays down more then running. But right now I think they are waiting on a Terex rep to find a copy in english for us.

Thank you

cranetools

Occupation
Perhaps at this point since this crane arrived to you from another area have you revisited the basics - is the alternator putting out the proper volts and amps, are the batteries good and no shorted cells, are you sure of a good ground, are all the plug connections clean and tight, has the center swivel been opened and inspected for any loose wires or slip ring connectors?
Think about this - there are only so many connections and parts to the electrical system.
THe prints will help and you need them for the future. Are the problems coming and going? Is there a different problem everyday or every other day or the same problems everyday?

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
From what little reading I've seen on these units, it appears they are made in Europe. I'm also thinking from the context of your post that you are on some sort of military base. Are these assumptions correct?

The reason I ask is that I have worked on a few items made in Europe and the electrical systems were always a pain. Wiring diagrams were usually wrong if you had them at all. Color codes never made sense if there were different colors at all and numbering systems if they had them typically had one number going into one side of a connector and a different number coming out the other side of the connector.

Last machine I had to do I went to the main harness connectors and started hunting functions against each pin connector working my way from known functions and pins toward the unknowns. I've done that with long jumper wires and and an ohm meter or if able to, used a test light and probed wires. Now days you can't probe wiring through the insulation because of computerization. At any rate I made my own list of harness connections and pin connectors tied to functions and listed it on paper for future reference.

I feel your pain.

Good Luck!

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
The reason I ask is that I have worked on a few items made in Europe and the electrical systems were always a pain. Wiring diagrams were usually wrong if you had them at all. Color codes never made sense if there were different colors at all and numbering systems if they had them typically had one number going into one side of a connector and a different number coming out the other side of the connector.

Yep, I've seen the very same thing John C. Damn Terex TA33E that was in my shop for 5 long months. No operations except steering. Had Sevcon repaired, was killed by failed drive motor. Thought I was home free. Still no ops. Dealt with that spawn of Satan for four more long months. Studied that electrical diagram until I was sick of looking at it. I finally figured out the diagram was wrong, it showd a contact of the fwd/rev contactor being NC. Well, it was supposed to be NO. I saw the contact was closed, but didn't do anything with it because the drawing sayed it was supposed to be. Re-drew the circuit on paper, the way I thought it should work, found contactor was stuck from motor failure. Popped contact loose. Machine fixed. Just damn! :Banghead

Reactions: DB2

Savage

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
Yes you are correct, I am on an US military base in Iraq. I'm the crane operator just trying to help the mechanics. The have there plates full with out this crane in there way. It has been down for over a year. From what I was told they were in the middle of putting a whole new harness when things started looking funny. Well needless to say not much works on it, and they try to work on it in between about a 100 or so forklifts, cranes, and RTCH's.

TATA

Occupation
Heavy Equipment/Rtch/Crane Mechanic
Hey guys Im the mechanic that is working on this bendini, when the crane showed up here over a year ago,all the outriggers , boom cylinder ,and the extension clyinder were leaking due to the extreme heat and dust out here, we have since repaired all of that,but the lmi system was so out of wack that we have since ordered a whole new system for it, but the problem we are having now is we brought it into the shop to replace the harnes from the 2 deutsch connectors near the battery box and it runs from there to the alternator , starter, engine and tailights, its pretty much the rear chassis harness, but since we have installed it, we are not getting any power to the main solinoid on the right side frame rail and are other a600 that we have is a 2006 model and this one is a 2004 model and the elecrtical and hydrulics are differrnt so using the manuals we have and using the other crane as a refrence put us at a dead end.

cranetools

Occupation
Tell me do you know the purpose of the solenoid on the frame rail?
Is this solenoid in the hydraulic system or the electrical system?
Generally speaking most solenoids in cranes are getting power through a relay (low power signal from switch, etc. to pull in higher power draw like a solenoid) so if the solenoid is not getting power then it is possible that there is a switch or relay problem as well as a fuse or fuse holder. The other possibility is that the harness has been modified or not built correctly.
Check the web site cranetools.com perhaps there is an answer.

Ivaylo Zapryanov

Yep, I've seen the very same thing John C. Damn Terex TA33E that was in my shop for 5 long months. No operations except steering. Had Sevcon repaired, was killed by failed drive motor. Thought I was home free. Still no ops. Dealt with that spawn of Satan for four more long months. Studied that electrical diagram until I was sick of looking at it. I finally figured out the diagram was wrong, it showd a contact of the fwd/rev contactor being NC. Well, it was supposed to be NO. I saw the contact was closed, but didn't do anything with it because the drawing sayed it was supposed to be. Re-drew the circuit on paper, the way I thought it should work, found contactor was stuck from motor failure. Popped contact loose. Machine fixed. Just damn! :Banghead
Hi my name is Ivaylo Zapryanov from Bulgaria I am engaged in repairing mobile cranes, mobile work platforms and more.last week a customer left me a TEREX TA33E for repair.i want to ask if anyone can help me with ectrically schematics? Merry Cristmas!

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Hi my name is Ivaylo Zapryanov from Bulgaria I am engaged in repairing mobile cranes, mobile work platforms and more.last week a customer left me a TEREX TA33E for repair.i want to ask if anyone can help me with ectrically schematics? Merry Cristmas!

Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums Ivaylo, I sent you private conversation that has the PDF electrical diagram of the TA33E.