• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

EC290BLC removing rail link

southernman13

Occupation
Retired
It there a way to determine its safe to take a link out of the rail. Ours is real close to end of the slack adjusters. I don’t want to remove a link and then not be able to re connect the chain. Need to make it through another job before we have time to replace the rails. Thanks

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
Most excavators will adjust till the idler support block is about an inch past the end of the track frame. It's pretty easy to pull a link then. Generally I would break the track and pull the idler out a little further and then clean out all the dirt inside the track frame before pushing it all the way back in the track frame. Make sure it goes all the way back.

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
See attached may help.
Kind regards
Uffex

Attachments

• TrackLinkRemoval1.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 25

southernman13

Occupation
Retired
Thank you uffex I wasn’t quite sure how to go about removing a link. Now I know!! We’ll check it out today and decide if that’s what we’re going to do. The only thing keeping me from doing it now is having the time to do both sides. I don’t think it would be good to do only one side.

southernman13

Occupation
Retired
Tenfo not sure yet but we’ll be deciding in a little bit. It makes sense to do it now that’s for sure