• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

dump, hook, dumpster truck ... opinions and advice needed

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Welcome to the Forums jck252!:drinkup

Imjustdave gave some great advice.;)

Reel hip

Occupation
owner operator bobcat"s and dump truck"s
Keeping this post alive. This was my 70 Ford roll off I built. hauled the machine and dirt or concrete. I set it up so I could fuel my equipment.

Attachments

• Copy of Roll off.jpg
    Copy of Roll off.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 593
  • Copy of Holds skidsteer along with bachhoe attachment and buckets and hammer and forks..jpg
    Copy of Holds skidsteer along with bachhoe attachment and buckets and hammer and forks..jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 521

TunaTime

Rolloff

I curently own a dodge 1 ton and have voed to never get a bigger truck, and or get into the hauling buisness but I might .......

I do a lot of landscaping and hauling away of debris, + hauling of my own equipment + topsoil, and gravel delivery. Curently haul a tracked skid steer + rental equipment mainly a mini- Ex mainly. But realasticly my truck is small, I hire trucks all the time to haul stuff for me and Im at the point where I might want to buy a mini-EX 5 ton range and Im thinking of getting a hook style of roll off dumpster. If I get a big enough dumpster I could drive and haul my skid steer in and or a mini Ex, around + I could haul my own stuff and recoop some money as well as, renting out dupsters to other people keeping the truck and a driver bussy. So am I crazy? Can 1 truck with say 3-10 dumpsters make $$, should I get a dump truck instead? what is the best setup for a roll off box- dumpster? brands of trucks and dumpster boxes? Advice please

Thanks

Hi. Used Rolloff trucks are plentiful in California. Right now people are trying to sell the older rolloff trucks because they will not be able to register them in 2014, because of the tree hugger smog regulations. One guy called & had a 1998 KW dump truck that costed him $12,000.00 to retro fit the exhaust system for smog. Too much $$$$ on a old truck. Look in the Los Angeles area on craigslist or ebay for rolloffs. Hooklift trucks are okay except for the steep angle when loading the container onto the truck. Rolloffs do not have a severe angle when loading. I have worked on both kinds. There are pros & cons on both of them. Another thing is the inside width of the main rails under the boxes. West coast is 36" inside width. East coast is 37-1/2" width. Same as the rolloff truck frames. 34" west coast, 35-1/2" east coast outside frame measurement. People say hooklifts are better because you do not have to go outside to hook a cable on, but you still have to go outside to open the back doors on the boxes when you have to dump the load. Look under Rolloff trailers on this internet forum. California costs on trailers are approx $25.00 for 5yrs on registration. Trucks cost $2500.00 -$4500.00 each year, + all the rest of costs.

Attachments

• 5th1.jpg
    5th1.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 582
  • 5th5.jpg
    5th5.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 544