1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

dump, hook, dumpster truck ... opinions and advice needed

Discussion in 'Trucks' started by imjustdave, Oct 27, 2006.

1. Deeretime

Deeretime Senior Member

superintendent
    Ok ill take some tomorrow and post them

2. PETE379

PETE379 Well-Known Member

Manage and oversee daily operations, also process
    All my guys love to drive this truck, I have a flat bed, an 8, 18 and a 10yd box with a two way gate. We mostly deliver materials with it, its a Very versatile truck.

Attached Files:

3. DiamondConcrete

DiamondConcrete Member

Very nice and clean truck. What does that truck weigh in at empty with that container on it??? And what the payload you can put in it with out being overloaded?

4. PETE379

THANKS, With that box the empty weight is about 17,000, so the payload is good for 8 tons. The hook is a swaploader 2418HD, its a heavier unit but its double pivot so it dumps like a dumptruck which is what we use it for most of the time. We might do 10 to 15 deliveries a day with it but only swap containers once or twice.

5. ucallit

ucallit New Member

I am currently looking for a international hook unit truck or just the unit as I own a truck but need another unit. If you know of one, please contact me at 6072836047 I live in NY. Need one as soon as possible. any suggestions. please let me know. thanks.

6. PETE379

I deal with Danisi Truck service in Deer Park N.Y. Kind of far for you but he deals in new and used units and used trucks also. Phone number is 631-667-9239 Good Luck!

7. bonanno23

bonanno23 Well-Known Member

union drainage foreman, also own a full time lands
    What size motor does that thing have? Whats does something like that go for?

I used to work for Fred (long acre landscaping) Been a while since I was at your yard. See you guys have expanded. Thats great

8. mitch504

mitch504 Senior Member

You have one with a fifth wheel and winch??!!! I didn't know they were attached well enough for that. please post pictures and info. Thanks, mitch

9. ScottAR

ScottAR Senior Member

I would like to see the fifth wheel deck as well.

10. ScottAR

ScottAR Senior Member

bump...

11. Horns

Horns New Member

What do you guys think is would be better for my application, the steller, or swamploader. I plan on putting it on a 15,000GVWR truck and would like to use it as a dump truck also.

12. Horns

Horns New Member

13. CM1995

CM1995 Super Moderator

Running what I brung and taking what I win
    Horns, welcome to the Forums.

If I were to chose, it would be a Swaploader. The SL105 would fit the bill for a 15K GVW chassis. I have some experience with a SL145 on a Hino 26K chassis and it's an excellent hook. 3 years of constant service and not a problem. I don't have any experience with a Stellar.

What will you be using this small hook lift for?

Last edited: May 28, 2010
  14. Horns

Horns New Member

I was just going to build a custom dump box for the truck but I really like the idea of being able to put any type of bed on it I want. The hooklift seems perfect.

15. hss

hss Member

i am looking for a good used single axle hooklift truck. possibly some containers also. i would like the truck to have an auto trans and air or hyd. brakes. make of truck really isnt an issue. sorry for hijacking this thread.
    thanks
    guys

16. barklee

barklee Senior Member

Does it have to be auto? We have two single axle trucks. One International with a 33000 hook, and a Ford with a 26,000 hook. The Ford has 10 14 yard containers. PM me if interested

17. hss

hss Member

yes i would prefer auto. thanks though.

18. Mackmann

Mackmann New Member

I cant PM for some reason. But if you still have any of these trucks for sale please email me at Bmartin271@hotmail.com. Thanks please send pics.

19. jck252

jck252 New Member

I am looking to start a bin business and am looking for all the tips I can get. any help would be appreciated. I already have a client base set up but am unsure of the rates to charge and am still deciding what truck to buy. Any feedback at all is appreciated. You can contact me at jasonkuettel@gmail.com

20. imjustdave

imjustdave Well-Known Member

Well Rate wise

Disposal cost + what you want to make on disposal

Hauling per hr, per drop, per can?
    Some people will want the can for a week. or longer and want it emptied so you have swap scenario.
    Some people will want you to show up and they will fill it up and you leave
    Some will want it for a 1 time deal.

Experience
    I got a 5 axle truck, 3 cans. mostly for my own work but some rental. Then the economy tanked and so did the business.

What I learned.
    Cans rental hauling is a business in itself, if your adding this to an already running business you really need to look at this as a 2nd one that can help your current work.
    Cans are Expensive to buy $$
    Cans are Expensive to repair when someone trashes one, even the minor stuff adds up.
    Concrete gets heavy, and it will trash a can in a heart beat, so have dedicated concrete cans that are really small, nothing worse then not being able to pick up the can.
    People will fill it up until no more will stay in, Have a lid, line on the side ETC.
    I had my cans set to nest inside each other like the Russian wooden dolls, This helps when you need to haul 2 cans out somewhere, I still charged for delivery but I only had to make 1 trip :)
    Try and get a system "Hook" like someone else in your area, so if your truck breaks down you have a way to hire out, helps them as well. you can also rent cans from each other incase you get a lot more work then cans available.
    I wish I had an onboard scale, I had a 60K hook so I could pick it up but heaven knows I was way overloaded at times even with the 2 drop axles.
    Chain setup sucks if your off pavement.
    Hooks style you can grab with little issues, even at some crazy angles.
    double rollers on the end if you plan on heavy loads.
    Auto Tarp system.
    You can haul lots of stuff, wood, dirt, debris, trash, recycle, Water tank, flat bed... I had lots of plans with my hook truck but the economy tanked like 4 months after I purchase it :( Oh well
    That's all I can think of :)