• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Dual Fuel Wisconsin V-4 won't start when hot

Will check the solenoid tomorrow, you may be right, I just can't get to fast idle.

This is the control panel, UGH, all the wires are one color...white ;

Attachments

• 102_1573.jpg
    102_1573.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 48
  • 102_1574.jpg
    102_1574.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 50
  • 102_1575.jpg
    102_1575.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 50

lantraxco

I think you're gonna need the manual for that one. Solenoids and rheostats don't go together, solenoids are either in or out. In between and they chatter and quickly burn up. That and the way the lines run on the panel, along with the picture of the variable pump almost leads me to believe that the rheostat may actually be for regulating the hydraulic flow?

All the old trucks were that way, Kenworths we had used miles of white wire with little number tags on the end of the wire. Of course if you had to replace the crimped wire end, you had to cut off the tag to do it. Genius.

Last edited:

The solenoid dealer told me same thing. Also, just looking At the panel looks like you are correct on the rheostat too, it connects with the line to the boom hydraulics.

lantraxco

I notice there are two relays on the flywheel/fan housing, one looks like a starter relay, the other a horn relay. I'm guessing the small one would be for the choke solenoid, which looks like it's also wired to the propane primer, and the larger one of the two may be for the throttle solenoid.

Neither of the two big solenoids up top are doing anything. Nothing is actuating them to move.

I don't know what was making the idle speed drop down to 6-700rpm. I used it again tonight, and it did it once but now it starts hot at what I used to believe was the low idle of 1200 ish.

I am stumped, but happy it is at least allowing me to use the machine before summer is over. I used to turn it off after every movement cause I am painting. It is as if Letting it get nice and super hot that one time freed something up.

Since it is not in the solenoid, then Maybe in the vaporizer? The small horn like relay? IDK