• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Dozerboy's Gallery

JimBruce42

Occupation
operator
What do you guys run? I take it that the JD's aren't your tractors then... I'm kinda confused, you have part of the clearing and the underground on the job, but not the dirt? :beatsme

oh and nice photos as always:drinkup

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
First: Got to get things dried out a old 9150.

Second: Pulling Sand off the stock pile the pond guys built.

Third: We are still drying things out but the haul roads are sure getting dry. Where is that water pull......

Fourth:We had to mix 4" of sand with the 7" of clay to get the PIs and moisture down for the first building pad. 480 with a pan ,750 JD dozer with topcon GPS, and our Bomag mixer.

Fifth: Pushing the sand out into a jog in the pad. We have topcon GPS on that 1 pan too.

Attachments

• CIMG2242.jpg
    CIMG2242.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 1,444
  • CIMG2269.jpg
    CIMG2269.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 1,439
  • CIMG2249.jpg
    CIMG2249.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 1,441
  • CIMG2270.jpg
    CIMG2270.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 1,434
  • CIMG2277.jpg
    CIMG2277.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 1,442

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
What do you guys run? I take it that the JD's aren't your tractors then... I'm kinda confused, you have part of the clearing and the underground on the job, but not the dirt? :beatsme

oh and nice photos as always:drinkup

We have Case tractors. So was I, we did some of the clearing, the building pads for the school, 1 of the parking lots, all of the ball fields ETC. The pond, streets, other parking lots, and underground was done by other subs. I think....

EZ TRBO

Occupation
Aggregate Utility, Maintence Welder
Great pics...thanks for sharing.

Trbo

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
Here are some shots from on top of the stock pile.
First: One of the over-x'd building pads us use that dirt to make our landscaping ETC fills then the clay/sand out of the pond is used to make the pads.

Second: Underground and in the foreground is another pad yet to be over-x'd

Third: more underground

Fourth: Pond in the distance yes they built a stock pile in the middle of the pond you can see the cars on top of it in the top left corner.

Fifth: Us making the ball fields and a top soil stock pile.

Attachments

• CIMG2286.jpg
    CIMG2286.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 1,424
  • CIMG2284.jpg
    CIMG2284.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 1,425
  • CIMG2283.jpg
    CIMG2283.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 1,430
  • CIMG2290.jpg
    CIMG2290.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 1,419
  • CIMG2287.jpg
    CIMG2287.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 1,426

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
First: Killing time lets load the scrapers with a hoe. We where helping the underground guys get rid of there dirt.

Second, Third: Cutting grade with our JD 850 and trimble GPS don't look to hard or that "fancy" grade will make you dizzy.

Fourth, Fifth: Some trees that where suppose to be left where in the way so they had to be taken down.

That it for pics of that job I got burned out. Showing up for 10 hrs and looking for something to do all day gets old, but it pays the bills.

Attachments

• CIMG2311.jpg
    CIMG2311.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 1,415
  • CIMG2312.jpg
    CIMG2312.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 1,420
  • CIMG2314.jpg
    CIMG2314.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 1,408
  • CIMG2315.jpg
    CIMG2315.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 1,408
  • CIMG2316.jpg
    CIMG2316.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 1,410

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
I'll get a few for you Pullpan

I went back to big pond we did that I posted about in post #26. To load out the wood chips. There was another contractor there doing the grading in the area I cleared. They had some nice Iron, but they're kind of hacking away at our stock pile.

First: A 330 loading out of our pile IIRC the ADTs were a Volvo 30s or 35s. I don't know why most hoe operators have trucks back up to them here. We have a lot of clay here so its a little more difficult to load the good side, but this material wasn't bad.

Second: Nice Volvo hoe don't know the size but it was around the same as a 330 a 45 something maybe. I have never ran a Volvo, but would like to some time.

Third: These guys where sure jumping around a lot.

Forth: A bad pic from on top the pile of the area I cleared. I drove up there in the dark and you can kind of see it has washed out a bit. Well I was dodging washouts and dropped my front left tire in a 3'er. It was abrupt enough that I smacked my head good on the B piller of my truck. After the fog cleared I got to see how bad I bent my step bars, but there was no damage.:cool: Luckily I could crawl outt of the rut in 4lo it would of taken me 30 min to try and track my hoe up there to get myself out.:pointhead

Attachments

• CIMG2304.jpg
    CIMG2304.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 1,316
  • CIMG2302.jpg
    CIMG2302.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 1,317
  • CIMG2300.jpg
    CIMG2300.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 1,320
  • CIMG2305.jpg
    CIMG2305.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 1,326

D5G

Great pics, Dozerboy:drinkup How much longer do you have on this job?

Wolf

I'll get a few for you Pullpan

I went back to big pond we did that I posted about in post #26. To load out the wood chips. There was another contractor there doing the grading in the area I cleared. They had some nice Iron, but they're kind of hacking away at our stock pile.

First: A 330 loading out of our pile IIRC the ADTs were a Volvo 30s or 35s. I don't know why most hoe operators have trucks back up to them here. We have a lot of clay here so its a little more difficult to load the good side, but this material wasn't bad.

Second: Nice Volvo hoe don't know the size but it was around the same as a 330 a 45 something maybe. I have never ran a Volvo, but would like to some time.

Third: These guys where sure jumping around a lot.

Forth: A bad pic from on top the pile of the area I cleared. I drove up there in the dark and you can kind of see it has washed out a bit. Well I was dodging washouts and dropped my front left tire in a 3'er. It was abrupt enough that I smacked my head good on the B piller of my truck. After the fog cleared I got to see how bad I bent my step bars, but there was no damage.:cool: Luckily I could crawl outt of the rut in 4lo it would of taken me 30 min to try and track my hoe up there to get myself out.:pointhead

Nice pics, as always, D-boy. How you doing anyway, John?

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
I didn't get all the chips out the pin broke for the H linkage for the bucket. I was loading a truck when it happened. There was a loud bang and the bucket half full of chips and dirt slammed down. I though it was going to take out there nice Alu trailer.

Attachments

• CIMG2306.jpg
    CIMG2306.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 1,429
  • CIMG2308.jpg
    CIMG2308.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 1,441
  • CIMG2307.jpg
    CIMG2307.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 1,443

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
Great pics, Dozerboy:drinkup How much longer do you have on this job?

It was just a few days loading out the chips that I didn't finish. We pulled off to go to a small 14 acre clearing job that has a pond and building pad to do on it.

Wolf

I didn't get all the chips out the pin broke for the H linkage for the bucket. I was loading a truck when it happened. There was a loud bang and the bucket half full of chips and dirt slammed down. I though it was going to take out there nice Alu trailer.

Wow. Did that kind of thing ever happen to you before, D-boy?

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
Doing good Wolf getting a little OT and 3day weekends. Spent last weekend at the beach since my wife actually had it off. Its been hot though high 90s not much rain. What about you?

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
Only with the 10ton shear we had on one of the hoes I ran in Socal. I got a little rough with it doing demo and busted a linkage pin, but it happened a few times a year. Since the shear was a little to big for that hoe to be mounted the way it was.

Wolf

Doing good Wolf getting a little OT and 3day weekends. Spent last weekend at the beach since my wife actually had it off. Its been hot though high 90s not much rain. What about you?

Nice, buddy. Glad to hear you are having some time to relax. How do the beaches in TX compare to San Diego? And the scenery on the beach?

Having a good summer here too. An excellent fishing trip, lots of other good times. Might as well enjoy it while things are slow.

That is pretty funny that you knocked the 10ton shear off doing demo. Sounds like you got pretty rough doing demo--that is fun. I still remember your great stories about the cars falling and the Torey Pines. Hope you're making more great memories and craziness like that in TX. Do tell all.

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
Love the gulf the water gets over 80* in Socal the cold water killed my knees in a mater of mins. The water isn't as clear most of the time, but you can go 200' out and still touch Which is nice when you can't swim like me. You don't get pounded by waves only ~2'ers unless there is a storm. The scenery isn't as nice , but there are some looker in bikinis. With miles of beach and being able to drive on it people can spread out. We backup 20' from the water unload the 10x10 shade, grill, chairs, and ETC.

Glad to here your having a good summer. Ya I miss the fat checks, but am more then happy with my 45hrs and a 3 day weekends. I going to try and avoid going back to long hrs and all week when things pick back up. This slow down has opened my eyes over all the hrs I was working last year.

Wolf

Love the gulf the water gets over 80* in Socal the cold water killed my knees in a mater of mins. The water isn't as clear most of the time, but you can go 200' out and still touch Which is nice when you can't swim like me. You don't get pounded by waves only ~2'ers unless there is a storm. The scenery isn't as nice , but there are some looker in bikinis. .

Sounds like you really know how to party on the beach and are having a great summer, and less hours means you can really enjoy. I've camped on the Gulf beaches, only as far west as Port Arthur in TX, but also been on Gulf beaches in Florida panhandle and it's nice.

Thanks for the great reply, always good to hear from you Dozerboy. Doing a book and some articles on demolition. May come to you to ask if OK to include your stories and experiences, and some others from the forum. Take it easy, man and enjoy the weekend.

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
Here Pullpan the pics you wanted I had to wait till we started the grading.

Attachments

• CIMG2411.jpg
    CIMG2411.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 1,345
  • CIMG2418.jpg
    CIMG2418.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 1,343
  • CIMG2417.jpg
    CIMG2417.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 1,343
  • CIMG2416.jpg
    CIMG2416.jpg