• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Dozer rollover

Tags

"UH OH" indeed. I would love to know exactly what the person running the machine was thinking....or what the guy he borrowed it from said when he got the call it was on its side....

1693TA

Occupation
FAA Radar Engineer, (Retired)
I watched that a few days ago when first posted. There was ample time for the operator to reverse direction as it was plain to see the "rocking" action of the machine as it was becoming unstable just before rolling over. Almost looks a staged accident by some of the comments.

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
I think I saw a path already cut just past where the dozer dropped. I wonder how hard the operator pin balled around in the cab?

Shimmy1

I think he tried to reverse course, the tracks were running forward before he killed the engine. He *may* have saved it by dropping the blade and letting it rip in reverse, definitely wouldn't have hurt his chances.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Stupid operation. Pushing a trench to ramp off that hilltop to drop down would have made some sense, NOT better just Some.

cuttin edge

Occupation
Finish grader operator
We can all say shoulda coulda woulda. Why he backed over the face when he could have made a trail? I like to keep the blade low, even when going over the hump on the float. Inexperience maybe..... lets try out my dad's dozer. I didn't see it happen, but I had parked an open cab D3, and went to the little plastic building. I left it running. Young fella jumps on. Floors the fuel feed, nothing, yanks the throttle, nothing.... lets off the throttle, then can't figure out why he can't make it stop. Hits what he thinks is the brake, makes a hard right into an open hole, comes out of the seat, face first into a hot exhaust, rolls off the hood, bounces off a spinning track turning like a conveyor belt of death and lands on the ground beside the machine. Hoe man hits her out of hear with a shovel. He was a lucky boy. Never sat on a machine again. Stuck to surveying he did

Spud_Monkey

Occupation
Decommissioned
Looks like he thought he could creep it down by how he was edging it, like it was going to saunter on down slowly. Nope it launched off that edge.

chidog

Yeah either staged like on many youtube videos or just someone that has no idea how to operate. That was an easy obstacle for a dozer if done properly.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
What's the purpose of staging something like that and possibly seriously damaging a $50K + machine? Does the likes and subscriptions pay that much?

Not saying it's not staged just curious to the reason if it was.

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
It's the views that pay. The likes and subscriptions only change the formula for how your videos are found.

I don't see it as staged either. More than likely someone from the city dreaming of a rural life and going to save money on the land that they bought by purchasing or renting a machine for clear and grub. With evidence of incompetence like that, why would anyone post it for the world to see?

Acoals

Occupation
Jack of all trades/Master of none
Not staged . . . there are plenty enough idiots to accomplish a job like that.