1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Dozer Blades on Skidsteers?

Discussion in 'Compact Equipment Attachments' started by littledenny, Apr 19, 2005.

1. sandnsnow

sandnsnow Well-Known Member

adult babysitter
    I could have not put it better myself. I bought mine and used it once or twice. Then winter came. I put about 300 hours on that blade and became quite good on it. I have a 8' bradco (heavy duty) on a tl150. Now we use it all the time on little jobs where it wont pay to haul a dozer in. :cool:

2. Bytec

Bytec Member

Hi ..

Here is our 277B 6-way blade and an laser grading system. And the new 279C.

It´s a fine machine.

Bytec

Attached Files:

3. Shifty

Shifty Active Member

owner operator
    Does that laser system control the blade's hydraulics or do you interpret the signals from the senors and follow the beam??

What brand of system is it??

Price??

4. Bytec

Bytec Member

The system control the blade´s tilt function and the main hydraulic lift function of the Cat 279C.

We got the system from Apache Technologies Germany.

http://www.apache-laser.com

The system is about 15000€

Bytec

5. mdigger

mdigger Member

i bought my first skid steer in 79 i graded golf course green & traps, dug foundations 8' spread blacktop, plowed snow, swales, berms 2/1 slope, concrete removal, boulder walls, tree removal & planting, loaded semi's all with a 72" bucket you have to learn what you can do with a skid steer.
    still learning
    mdigger

6. Wayne Jaynes

Wayne Jaynes Member

own buisness
    All these guy's have good points. I own a 863 Bobcat and use it for every thing. I own a dozer blade and love it but it took a couple days to learn how to cut and fill with it. but i have made many different attachments for my machine and one thing i use in hard clay is a boxblade with ripper teeth to tear up the soil then i would move it with a bucket to its location and grade with a blade. I know these items add up but if you are going to be in buisness excavating it would be smart to buy the small attachments that will fit multiple machines. Good luck in buisness.

7. technodive

technodive New Member

My buddy bought the Quick attache 6 way angle blade with the front wheel and wing kits. This way it acts more like a grader. He says that he has got a lot better with it but found that he can only take light cuts. He uses it with his Cat 287B. Has anyone used the ATI box scaper with the laser kit?

8. Iron Horse

Iron Horse Senior Member

I take it you would have to also fit an electro solenoid valve to divert oil from the 4in1 bucket clam lines for the tilt function of the blade ?

9. tjcoogan

tjcoogan Member

Can anyone tell me who actually manufactures the Caterpillar 6 way dozed blade for skid steers?

10. JBGASH

JBGASH Senior Member

Plumbing & Excavation Contractor / farmer
    That is what I just did, put a dozer blade on my 953C it has the quick attach to change back and forth with the bucket is a snap. It works excellent.

11. Shifty

Shifty Active Member

owner operator
    I have a Cat blade I don,t know who builds the blade its self, but it is designed by Cat. It is tough and strong. actually stronger than the machines boom is. I have a 277B. There is a learning curve to run a blade but once you got it you,ll bury anyone with a bucket. I have even modified the blade tilt to float the same as the boom float does. [Great for snowplowing]

12. ALDURAIHEM-EST

ALDURAIHEM-EST New Member

Director-General
    Kingdom of Saudi Arabia Riyadh Suli Extit 17
  13. Scott T.

Scott T. New Member

Director of sales and Marketing for compact equipm
    We are a Takeuchi dealer and a Paladin dealer as well and i have used a Bradco blade on the TL 250 and it is like a D3 dozer Works great. They make it in 84 and 96 inches.