• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Do I have to go back to dealer for filter replacements on '08 NH L190?

Grit

I am planning on replacing all fluids and filters in my New Holland L190 and was curious if I had to go back to the dealer for these or is there another place I can go to get them? I will be looking to replace the engine oil filter, engine air filter, hydraulic oil filter and fuel filter. Is there a cheaper place to get these or should I stick with OEM products?

I was definitely going to get the fluids somewhere else besides the dealer, but didn't know about the filters.

Thanks for any help!

Delmer

You could check filterspro.com

Not the easiest website to navigate, but they have a lot of filters and good prices.

CM1995

Administrator
Check your local Baldwin dealer they should be able to cross reference your factory filter numbers.

willie59

Administrator
Product Identification Number on the ID plate. There's a serial number break in the parts catalog.

Grit

Sorry about that, willie. I had that written down as a serial number. PIN# N8M498432

I appreciate the help!

willie59

Administrator
BTW, you should make a note of the PIN number in your cell phone. Anytime you visit the dealer for a part they're gonna ask you for that PIN #. ;)

willie59

Administrator
New Holland Wix Baldwin
primary air 86982524 46562 RS3544
sec air 86982524 46569 RS3545
inline fuel 87548612 NA BF9905
spin on fuel 47135706 33472 BF5587D
oil 87492721 NA NA
hyd (standard) 87010592 51496 BT8853-MPG
hyd (hi-flow) 87430661 NA NA

Looks like you're going back to the dealer for engine oil and hi flow filter (if your machine is hi flow)

willie59

Administrator
The forum format messed up my spacing. First number is New Holland 86982524, second number is Wix alternative 46562, third number is Baldwin alternative. RS3544

Grit

Thanks, Willie!

No hi flow.

primary air= engine air filter?
sec air?
inline fuel?
spin on fuel= fuel filter?
oil= engine oil (standard flow)?
hyd (standard)= hydraulic oil filter?

I'm sorry, I don't know what all the abbr are? I'm kinda new to this stuff. I appreciate all of your help. You are saving me a ton of time and work.

Isn't the wix an auto parts store brand?

CM1995

Administrator
You will have an inner air filter and an outer air filter, should be one inside the other. The inner is secondary and outer is primary.
The inline filter I'm not familiar with on this machine, Willie will have to point you in the right direction.
Spin on fuel is your fuel filter, plus in the inline one.

Your engine oil filter should be the same for standard and hi flow machines.

Isn't the wix an auto parts store brand?

I would highly suggest using a Baldwin dealer like Fleetpride (Komatsu dealer here sells Baldwin) or another commercial retail outfit. It's the luck of the draw dealing with big box auto parts stores whether they have it or there's a person behind the counter coherent enough to find it, if the store even has it.:rolleyes:

Grit

You will have an inner air filter and an outer air filter, should be one inside the other. The inner is secondary and outer is primary.
The inline filter I'm not familiar with on this machine, Willie will have to point you in the right direction.
Spin on fuel is your fuel filter, plus in the inline one.

Your engine oil filter should be the same for standard and hi flow machines.

I would highly suggest using a Baldwin dealer like Fleetpride (Komatsu dealer here sells Baldwin) or another commercial retail outfit. It's the luck of the draw dealing with big box auto parts stores whether they have it or there's a person behind the counter coherent enough to find it, if the store even has it.:rolleyes:

Hey, thanks so much, DFC! That answers some more of my questions. Little by little I am getting them answered, thanks to you guys.

Thanks again!

eric12

the wix numbers also are napa numbers, just use the last 4 numbers instead of the whole thing like a 46562 is a napa 6562 if you have a store near by. but call and see what the price difference is if there is any, for my mini excavator komatsu is cheaper than napa by a little bit.

Grit

the wix numbers also are napa numbers, just use the last 4 numbers instead of the whole thing like a 46562 is a napa 6562 if you have a store near by. but call and see what the price difference is if there is any, for my mini excavator komatsu is cheaper than napa by a little bit.

Thanks, eric!

Grit

Without opening a new thread I thought I would ask an unrelated question. In my operators manual, it says to use a 50/50 mix of ethylene glycol coolant in the radiator. Is that the same as the old Preston "green" coolant that you mix with water?

Last edited:

CRAFT

CM : those machines had an inline fuel filter (same ones we used for years held with hose clamps in the fuel line), right where the fuel line came out of the tank usually located left side of machine front of the engine, kinda on top of the battery before it went into the main filter which also has a manual primer pump on it …… tonns of fun when the machine dies with a clogged filter and the massive Boom is down in the way, almost as much fun as having a dead battery …..open tail gate …..lift top screened lid, lock in place ….. lift side panel up and out the back …… unbolt a 90* bottom panel (which has the buttons to hold said removed top panel) ….. now attempt to go past the boom with jumper cable clamps delicately trying NOT to short out with the Aluminum/tin inline fuel-filter above …….. "YUP" …. been there done that ! ……

In my next episode rant, will include 4-starting motors that grenaded located in the same spot above the battery ….. with the boom up high enough to not able to open the door to have to get my fat A** out the back window ……. later ……. cheers

CM1995

Administrator
CM : those machines had an inline fuel filter (same ones we used for years held with hose clamps in the fuel line), right where the fuel line came out of the tank usually located left side of machine front of the engine, kinda on top of the battery before it went into the main filter which also has a manual primer pump on it …… tonns of fun when the machine dies with a clogged filter and the massive Boom is down in the way, almost as much fun as having a dead battery …..open tail gate …..lift top screened lid, lock in place ….. lift side panel up and out the back …… unbolt a 90* bottom panel (which has the buttons to hold said removed top panel) ….. now attempt to go past the boom with jumper cable clamps delicately trying NOT to short out with the Aluminum/tin inline fuel-filter above …….. "YUP" …. been there done that ! ……

In my next episode rant, will include 4-starting motors that grenaded located in the same spot above the battery ….. with the boom up high enough to not able to open the door to have to get my fat A** out the back window ……. later ……. cheers

LOL, got it Craft.:D The only engines I have that use those inline filters are the small gas powered stuff.

Ooops I meant CM not DFC (Diesel Fried Chicken). LOL

One in the same, you should hear what the other Mods call me - that Digger's a meanie.. :rolleyes:

Fried chicken and gasoline - http://www.last.fm/music/Southern+Culture+On+The+Skids/_/Fried+Chicken+And+Gasoline

:tong