• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

difficulty with flat faced connectors

gumper

Hi All,

I have a 2009 Deere ct332. Every so often I have a hard time getting the flat faced connectors to connect.

I assume it's because of excess pressure in the lines? Sometimes I can crack the fitting on the attachement and draina little oil out and it seems to help. Is there any way to reduce the pressure in the lines on the machine? It's got regular flow. Thanks for the help.

xcmark

Occupation
construction
shut off the machine , turn the key back on and open the valve to the AUX connectors in both directions with the motor not running. When you go to disconnet your attachments make sure there is no hydolic load on the connectors so the push in easy.

cannibal

I have the same thing only i can't get the lower hose to connect. The center of the female connector (machine connection) on my S175 will not push in. The outer surrounding the center will move and some fluid comes out but that is it. I broke my connection loose and even took the valve out and looked at it, pushed on it, and reassembled with same problem. Any ideas on this? Bad valve, connection? I am trying to hook onto a grapple bucket and it has been a couple of years since i have even used the aux connections. Thank you.

gumper

thanks...it didn't work, but only cause the breaker was already disconnected and had too much pressure built up in it.

I'll make sure to relieve the pressure next time before I disconnect.

CRAFT

Occupation
30 yrs Owner/Operator
The newer BC's have pressure releaving connectors on the machine couplers, and that is done by pushing (when the lines are still connected to the machine) the connectors backwards and holding them in for a few seconds, the oil is let back thru the case drain line port .... those connectors are made by "Faster Inc." .... Skid-steer solutions have a similar after market type available and they're cheap too.... so if the JD's don't have a similar set-up then you could look at the others
WHAT is really a Bummer is when you put an attachment away cold and the air temp goes up and the oil pressure locks the lines ..... all you can do is crack the lines a bit and then hook up, it mostly happens with hyd cyl's like a grapple and not hyd motor attachments .... its just what has happened to me over the years.....:pointhead :drinkup

aja458

I had trouble connecting my planner hoses, till I lifted the attachment off the ground. seemed to relieve the pressure. hope this helps