• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Detroit Diesel 6v-92 Grain Truck

544D10

Occupation
Lucas & Mercier Construction Co.
Thats awsome :notworthy

I am debating wich engine to use to repower my CUCV. I am leaning towards a cummins either the 4BT or the 6BT but the 4-53T would just be :usa

A great man one said "There is no device more efficent in converting #2 oil into smoke and noise then the 2-cycle detroit diesel."

Steve Frazier

Founder
Staff member
I drove a White Road Commode with a 6V92T and 9 speed RoadRanger. I was surprised at how much low end torque it had vs. the 6-71 I drove with a 13 speed. That truck was actually fun to drive and had plenty of power to do the job we were doing, grossing 80,000 lbs of dry freight.

Kgmz

Occupation
General Contractor
Brings back memories.

A long time ago we had a 1976 Peterbilt 359 dump truck with a 8V92 and 13 spd, and that thing was a screamer that would turn heads.

I can remember hauling to a new development that was at the top of a hill for a few months. And I would be pulling that hill working through every gear, splitting the top gears. It was funny every time I got to the top of the hill everyone would be looking to see what was coming, roofers on the roofs, framers, and on and on.

I actually kind of miss that truck, it had lots of power and revved up quick. So you had to be fast with the gear box.