• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Denyo RTG Crane Engine High Lube Oil Consumption - Komatsu SA6D140

AKL

hi guys,i'm a mechanic after overhauling few of the komatsu SA6D140 engines, they have high lube consumption about 8 liters per week, these engine run about 22 hours daily,the overhaul was done by me ,i have change all 6 piston,pin, & rings, Camshaft bush, camshaft, main bearing , con-rod bearing..the overhaul was done following all the normal pro.Even the turbochargers was changed and togather with the valve guides,valve seat, valve seal,and valve locks..i have been overhauling diesel engines for 12 years now this is the first time i come across this type of a problem...pls help out guy...cheers

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
I notice you didn't say you changed the liners? If you re-used the old liners, did you hone them to break the glazing. What did you do for run in when you first started the engines up? These engines are not like a Cummins, Perkins, Detriot, Isuzu or Mitsubishi.

AKL

I notice you didn't say you changed the liners? If you re-used the old liners, did you hone them to break the glazing. What did you do for run in when you first started the engines up? These engines are not like a Cummins, Perkins, Detriot, Isuzu or Mitsubishi.

thank you for your reply..i had used new liners .....now i have solved the problem..it was the fuel pump timing..in the name plate in the engine block it say 22 deegres BTDC...and i try adjusting it to 24-26 BTDC.... and it works.....thank you anyway john...and i have tested at 100% load and had monitored the engines for a week now....thank you anyway guys...cheers