• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Demolition, clearing and grading

90plow

The temps are steamy to say the least! It's a great town we went to shems creek last night and had a few beers with my brother in law and his fiance. Hiring anyone at your company??

Landclearer

Good to hear that you are that busy, and with hopefully more companies building close by lots of work coming up.

Thanks Dirty. I do think things will keep on rolling around here for a while. The people that work in the plants need somewhere to live and shop etc. so hopefully it will keep going.

Landclearer

The temps are steamy to say the least! It's a great town we went to shems creek last night and had a few beers with my brother in law and his fiance. Hiring anyone at your company??

It took us about 10 years to hire our last guy but I will let you know if Sawdus passes;)

Landclearer

Just for CM, some trackloader action pics. This is on the pool house job.

volvo 160 001.jpg

volvo 160 003.jpg

The 320 handling an 80 foot log.

volvo 160 004.jpg

A couple pics of the paving contractor on the road we just graded.

volvo 160 005.jpg

volvo 160 006.jpg

Landclearer

Got my baby delivered this week. Had some guards built on the fuel tank side of the machine as well as catwalks put on.

volvo 160 013.jpg

volvo 160 014.jpg

volvo 160 015.jpg

volvo 160 017.jpg

volvo 160 020.jpg

Landclearer

We cleared a couple lots this week. The first pics are where the first lot is ready for fill and the last 2 are starting a new lot.

volvo 160 022.jpg

volvo 160 023.jpg

volvo 160 024.jpg

volvo 160 025.jpg

volvo 160 026.jpg

450smrider

What is 57stone? Is there an actual market for recycled crushed and sized concrete? We crush all of our old concrete and can only seem to use it as process seeing everyone only wants natural aggregate up here....and good to hear it's so busy down there work still sucks in ct (yes I know it's ct) and we talk about trying to relocate out of this crap state every morning

Landclearer

Hey 450, 57 stone is really any aggregate that is 1 to 1.5 inches and is free from fines. We get granite 57s but have used limestone in the past. There is a crushed concrete shortage in Charleston. It is getting harder to get as everyone wants it. SCDOT has approved it for state work as well. Sorry to hear about the work shortage by you. Northern relocates an retirees are big down here.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
What is 57 stone?

What LC said. In may area it varies from 1/2 to 1.5 inches with no fines, it's a washed stone. All the 57's I use is limestone as we have an abundance of limestone in my area. The thing that makes that size stone so popular is it's ability to freely drain water and when dumped in a trench you achieve 95-98% density without compaction. It's relatively cheap in my area - $13 to $20 a ton delivered.

Here is a pic of #57's being used for backfill around a 15" HDPE pipe for example.

photo-50.JPG

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Congrats on the 160 LC! That's a sweet looking machine, I really like the guards. Did the dealer fab those or did you have to get a specialty shop to do it?

Just for CM, some trackloader action pics. This is on the pool house job.

Thanks!:drinkup Nothing beats a track loader for versatility. I'd like to have a 963D in the fleet..

Landclearer

Thanks CM. The Volvo dealer has a guy that does the catwalks for them and we asked if he could do the front guard for us.

The 963 is a great machine. I would like to see how the new ones are. I wouldn't mind using the bucket on mine for something;)

Landclearer

Started clearing a short piece of road late this week. There is a Eagle nest onsite which is in a protected zone.

650 010.jpg

650 011.jpg

650 012.jpg

650 013.jpg

650 014.jpg

nedly05

Congrats on the volvo, I just bought an '05 140blc. As nice as mine is being 10 years old, I bet your C is a dream!

Landclearer

Hi Nedly, good luck on the 140. If it is like ours, I think you will love it. Solid machines and good on fuel. All we need now are some pics of yours:D

Fastdirt

Good stuff LC!!! Good to see some Caterpillars in the shot. Don't trade them all in for the imports ;). That's a big ole stump about to get ground up. WOW!

The eagle nest is super cool... You need a drone to get up there.

Nedly congrats on your new digger. You got a whole new rig now.

Landclearer

Good stuff LC!!! Good to see some Caterpillars in the shot. Don't trade them all in for the imports ;). That's a big ole stump about to get ground up. WOW!

The eagle nest is super cool... You need a drone to get up there.

Nedly congrats on your new digger. You got a whole new rig now.

Hey FD, good to heard from you again. Don't worry, we can't get rid of all the Cats, gotta keep my 963! For being a horizontal machine, it will flat grind a stump.

I think the Eagle nest is cool also. Nothing in there now,I guess the babies have left but the job needs to be done early fall before they move back in.

Landclearer

Here is a demo job I was on this week. The house was 4 stories plus the roof( a drive under plus 3 full floors). I had to weaken everything around the center section so the 4th floor and roof would roll into the opening that had already been demolished. The house had a good bit of steel in it as well.

Eugenia 023.jpg

Eugenia 024.jpg

Eugenia 025.jpg

Eugenia 027.jpg

Eugenia 029.jpg