1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Demag tilt-up crane

Discussion in 'Cranes' started by skyking1, Apr 8, 2021 at 6:26 AM.

1. skyking1

skyking1 Senior Member

Near my house, check out this Demag looks built for tilt-ups. I did not get close enough for a model.
    [​IMG]

colson04 and 72hayes like this.
  2. AzIron

AzIron Senior Member

Down here its typically done with a crawler cranes around the outside of the building I have never seen them set up on the slab that said we dont have that kind of rain

Tarhe Driver and CM1995 like this.
  3. CM1995

CM1995 Super Moderator

Running what I brung and taking what I win
    First thing I thought when I saw that pic is that's one hell of a slab to have that much weight on it. I wonder what the 7 day breaks for that slab broke at?

We've only worked on one tilt up project and I've seen many here where all the cranes are set up outside, off the slab raising the panels whether the crane is a crawler or mobile.

4. AzIron

AzIron Senior Member

Down here most guys dont pour the floor till after the panels are up and the roof is on makes for a really fast schedule to dig footings then the plumbers and sparkys have at it while the panels cure on waste slabs outside the building panels go up roof goes on then the floor is poured but it varries by contractor to

5. CM1995

CM1995 Super Moderator

Running what I brung and taking what I win
    AZ I've seen it done over here that way as well. Back in the early 2000's we were working on a condo project next to an architects office under construction. GC poured thin casting beds for the 2 story tilt up panels on the outside of the slab.

6. Tones

Tones Senior Member

Ex land clearing contractor, part-time retired
    Originally when tilt panels invented the floor was poured first then the panels poured on that. It saved a heap on transport costs.

7. skyking1

skyking1 Senior Member

Just down the road they did the crawler on the outside method.
    PXL_20210222_231104817.MP.jpg
    That crane with the cable stays and 8 axles is good for pick and carry, I imagine there was some of that in the corners.
    When you pour the final slab inside then you have closure pours all the way around. I have seen electrical go into those closures, but tilting up from outside with a crawler lets you do a single inside pour.

8. AzIron

AzIron Senior Member

A single pour on an average size tilt building here would be a tall order for finishers that said I have seen 2 laser screeds on the same pour I think that is more for redundancy tho

Those crawlers are a fast way to stand panels a half million square foot building can be stood up in less than a week with a good crew