• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

DeflateGate?

RonG

Charter Member
Occupation
heavy equipment operator
It seems that the Patriots defenders have finally figured out an atmospheric explanation for their air pressure debacle,I told my lady the other night what would cause it,documenting it by reminding her that she needs to always check and inflate her tires when they were cold as she has heard from me over the years and while I was at my oncologist a couple of days ago the nurse flushing my port says that her car tells her when her tire pressure is low but the warning lights go out after she warms them up by driving on them so she theorized that the same thing happened to the footballs.I imagine the lawyers with those fancy cars figured it out too but wanted all the free press that they were getting while they could.Ron G

Delmer

I for one think the Patriots have worked hard to earn every bad joke and insult they get. From the calculations I've seen the balls would have had to be inflated at 90 degrees for the temp to have dropped as much as claimed from the temperature alone. People speculating that they it would have been perfectly legal to inflate the balls in a sauna, really? Maybe the Patriots should give the refs a ride on Virgin Galactic for halftime and they can test the pressure there?

It's only cheating if you get caught, and they got caught this time.

Trashman

Occupation
Garboligist
Why then, did it not affect the other teams balls?:D

catken

Hey they just kicked the S..t out of them and those balls didn't make a difference! Also the refs handled the balls all day and were they sleeping? Give'm a break boys.