• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Deere 350G LC Spool cap pressure spike

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
The short line stays there with the other line and the tee. That auxiliary combiner circuit does not get used unless two pump combined auxiliary flow is installed to run something like a shear.

josiahnt

The aux flow combiner cap and the one port on the selector valve both need to go to tank. What is happening is the normal leakage within the spool itself leaks into the cap area. Since the cap has no path to tank the pressure eventually builds in the cap and then it breaks. The cap is supposed to be plumbed to the DN port of the solenoid valve and the selector valve port pictured below is supposed to be plumbed to the DM port of the solenoid valve. You can, if it is easier, just tee into one of the tank ports and run both to that.

Mechanic is bringing up a cap in the morning. Considering the DM and the DN ports are being used right now, going to a tank port would be pretty simple. If I am understanding correctly the line from the cap gets removed from where it is on the selector valve and goes in to the tank and we add a line from where it was at the selector valve to the tank.

IMG_7285.jpeg

josiahnt

The aux flow combiner cap and the one port on the selector valve both need to go to tank. What is happening is the normal leakage within the spool itself leaks into the cap area. Since the cap has no path to tank the pressure eventually builds in the cap and then it breaks. The cap is supposed to be plumbed to the DN port of the solenoid valve and the selector valve port pictured below is supposed to be plumbed to the DM port of the solenoid valve. You can, if it is easier, just tee into one of the tank ports and run both to that.
Selector valve.png DN Port.png

Well, after spending way too much time worrying about how I was going to pay for this repair that was starting to make me fear the worst (new valve bank, new pump, yard art, etc.). It turns out the dealership who installed the thumb caused the headaches for multiple owners and mechanics. My mechanic brought up a new cap and some parts to plumb these to the tank and all operations work the way they should with no leaks or excess pressure.
mg2361 and uffex I can't thank you guys enough for your help with this, I have had this since last October and got to really run it for the first time today. Wish I'd have bothered you guys sooner.
I really appreciate all of the contributors and knowledge shared on this site.
Thank you guys
IMG_7327.jpeg

Last edited: