• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

D7 17a

2stickbill

Occupation
Sniffin diesel fumes.
This old D7 been resting a few years.But it is complete.Anyone interested in it.Hate to see it scrapped.Near Houston Texas.D7#3.JPGD7#1.JPG

2stickbill

Occupation
Sniffin diesel fumes.
If i lived a little closer i would definitely save it
Well I filled the cylinders up with penetrating oil last week.Going Saturday to see if it will turn over.The owner said if it runs he will put it to work on his property.I have a good feeling about hearing that ol D7 purring.Been a long time since I have heard one.Never got to operate one maybe this will be the one.

2stickbill

Occupation
Sniffin diesel fumes.
Update.Removed the Injectors and turned it over.Dang blew diesel and penetrating oil every where.Put the Injectors back in and bled the air out.Hard to get her going but finally fired up.Run like a champ.Tracks are froze up going to give them a bath in diesel.

ACcrazy

Occupation
Mechanic
Excellent! If you can, post more pics or maybe video of it moving for the first time.

Just yesterday I went and looked at an old Allis-Chalmers HD-21 sitting out in the timber. It's gone considerably downhill since I last saw it 17 years ago. It's been there 30+ years. I guess it quit steering, so rather than fix it, they pulled it off the road and parked it. What a shame. I hate seeing old equipment go to waste like that.

2stickbill

Occupation
Sniffin diesel fumes.
Excellent! If you can, post more pics or maybe video of it moving for the first time.

Just yesterday I went and looked at an old Allis-Chalmers HD-21 sitting out in the timber. It's gone considerably downhill since I last saw it 17 years ago. It's been there 30+ years. I guess it quit steering, so rather than fix it, they pulled it off the road and parked it. What a shame. I hate seeing old equipment go to waste like that.
I'll try more pics and a vidio.But right now the rails are chains are froze up.Will not move.Got to soak in diesel a week then try it.

2stickbill

Occupation
Sniffin diesel fumes.
I need a machine like that. Any updates on the D6D?

The D6D is waiting on a head.I told the owner where to take it for rebuild but no went to some guy with a shop in his garage behind the house.So now he spent to much on other stuff so the head has to wait.Yea the guy told him it couldn't be fixed.But I know different.O well his money not mine.

2stickbill

Occupation
Sniffin diesel fumes.
Updates??

Well the ol girl is rockin and rollin.Went Sat.pushed some dirt and trees.Hard to believe everything works like it should.I think this machine was well taken care of.No patching are welds.Now I need to learn how to put a movie on here.Got me a short one.Hard to hold a camera with all them levers to pull.

ACcrazy

Occupation
Mechanic
Well the ol girl is rockin and rollin.Went Sat.pushed some dirt and trees.Hard to believe everything works like it should.I think this machine was well taken care of.No patching are welds.Now I need to learn how to put a movie on here.Got me a short one.Hard to hold a camera with all them levers to pull.

Excellent! That's great to hear. Looking forward to the vid. Maybe you could get someone to video you running it?
I've never posted a movie so I'm no help to ya.

2stickbill

Occupation
Sniffin diesel fumes.
Cool! I watched this one too. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Wn0ArFA0mk&feature=related

It's amazing how far you can pull those old engines down before you kill it. But you managed to! lol.
Did you conquer that brush pile?
Yes I got it and a few more.I had to be careful the girl holding the camera was a little to close.Tried to show her a log that would have hit her if I pushed it.She never understood the warning.

rezod1

Thanks for the u tube videos of the 17a, I have a 57 in the shed that needs fired up this year just to hear that purdy motor sing!! Thanks

diggingfish

COOL I think I have her sister

This is cool to see. I bought an old 17A the other day. Didnt know the shape of her internally but she has brand new undercarriage from rollers to rails. everyone kept telling me to scrap it and run. I saw your post and decided to hang on to her for a little while. Gave her some ATF and acetone down the stack came back a while later and gave her a push with the old HD11E popped the clutch twice and it was a beautiful thing watching her blow ATF all over my dad. I haven't got back to her since then.