• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

D7 17a

2stickbill

Occupation
Sniffin diesel fumes.
This is cool to see. I bought an old 17A the other day. Didnt know the shape of her internally but she has brand new undercarriage from rollers to rails. everyone kept telling me to scrap it and run. I saw your post and decided to hang on to her for a little while. Gave her some ATF and acetone down the stack came back a while later and gave her a push with the old HD11E popped the clutch twice and it was a beautiful thing watching her blow ATF all over my dad. I haven't got back to her since then.
Takes a lot to kill the older Cats.Lot of big farmers and ranchers still use old dozers.You let these new ones sit for a while go to use them and the furry creatures have wrecked havoc with the electric system.

diggingfish

yes sir I can see where that would be a huge issue. It is strange though how many people are scared of the whole cable idea. but the guys that were building these tractors back then sure knew what it took to make something tough. I wish redoing the motors was still feasible parts wise. I sure have had a few of them that I have wanted to save but couldn't make the dollars come out where i could justify fixing them. is there anyone around with some parts? I need two blade supports for a 12' angle blade. some one cut two off for scrap:(:Banghead