• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

D6C 10K Final Leaking How Urgently Should I Fix This?

NWForest

I talked to a a guy at a local equipment repair place who said probably not a huge deal. He says it’s pretty typical to have a little metal flaking come out of the oil in these machines this old just from normal wear. He is thinking they could do all the repairs and fix the seals for 2000 to 3000. That is if there’s nothing major wrong inside. If that is the case it sounds quite reasonable to me. Much better than me trying to tear into this thing myself.

tctractors

On the outer hub adjuster is a large square section seal ring that can often weep oil down the side of the track frame, a tighten up should put this leak to sleep, before anyone makes a dream guess at what they might charge or want to charge to tackle this issue, they might want to pop off a few cover guards and take a proper look at just what is leaking. just my thoughts on the task tctractors.