• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

D5m LGP value

illinoisboy

Occupation
contractor
Any Idea what an early 2000's model d5m LGP is worth? 4700 hours.New uc 400 hours ago. Open rops. Very nice shape.

Dickjr.

My method to look up value , I look at machinery trader in the for sale at comparable machines. Then I look at Ritchie Bros auction results. Between the asking sale price and the actual paid auction price you can get a feel for what the market price should be. Off the top of my head , I'm saying around 30 grand.

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
Be careful. Those machines had a bunch of electrical issues with speed sensors and such on the transmission. Replacing speed sensors usually involves pulling the transmission.

illinoisboy

Occupation
contractor
I see a lot with 8000 hours in the 40-45 range. If only 30, these things def don't hold their value like everyone thinks they do. I would rather have a another dresser or komatsu but hard to find one with low hours

illinoisboy

Occupation
contractor
The only ones I could find around 30000 had over 10000 hours on them; 0

Dickjr.

Look at Ritchie Bros Auctions. In all reality , if you like it and think its a solid machine , and you are satisfied with the price that's all that matters. I had a D5MXL for about 3 years and liked it ok. The one thing , it had the FTC which was nice but I did have a little trouble with it. The other thing to look at is the blade carrier , ours came loose , there was a service bulletin from Cat on this. These are popular around here with farmers. They are capable machines , but any machine in that weight and horsepower would be comparable. I'm running a Komatsu dozer now and a Cat loader so I'm not one of these brain washed people that has to have this or that. Put up some pics of it , lots of the u/c etc.

illinoisboy

Occupation
contractor
I should note, I have owned it for three years, I'm not buying one, ,,I'm selling mine! ;) I have never has one issue with it at all, it's ran flawless. I just don't like the cats as well as I thought I would. I'm actually buying my komatsu back that I sold when I bought this.

Dickjr.

Well then by golly lets see some pics of this bad boy and get her sold! Seems to be a sellers market. Does it have the higher horsepower rating?

illinoisboy

Occupation
contractor
No clue, 120 horse I think.I will put over in the sale forum if I can get a price down.

Dickjr.

By golly you have the best of luck. I happen to know a good Komatsu Dresser dealer if you need a machine. I was interested but never seen it in the for sale forum. Just PM me if you need a list of machines for sale. I know they have a D65EX-17 for the mid 150s. Its nice , I've ran it a few hours. I know of a 39EX as well , hit me up.