• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Darien peto

Hello everyone, I recently acquired this machine and it was flooded in hurricane Ida, machine is back up and running but I am having major difficulties finding part # and diagrams. I also truthfully cant afford to buy a service manual for her at the moment. If anyone has a copy they are willing to flip me a copy of that would be amazing!! But here is my question, so the right side joystick needs a new bushing to take up the slack, it is super sloppy and I only get maybe 30% throw on the valves due to this slack. Does anyone have a part# for this bushing? Or even a full blown rebuild kit for it. I'm down for whatever it take to fix it. I just can't brang myself to spend 500+ on ebay for the service manual, and my podna from LA CAT informed me that a reprint is about 620 before the mark up.
Thank you for any future responses to this post, and any assistance that may come from said responses.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
A comment regarding your OP and a service manual. Even a full-blown service manual with all the bells & whistles will not include a Parts Manual, although it will include an Operation & Maintenance (O&M) Manual. So you'll need to budget eventually for a Parts Manual.

Darien peto

X5XK23976X 1498747
This is what the data tag reads.
I am not terribly concerned about the parts manual, or the ops manual. I am only looking for a service manual. Parts manual was just a bonus.

Nige

6CS00693 is the machine S/N. The asterisks at each end mean nothing. Built January 2000.
5XK23976 is the engine S/N.
Attached the parts breakdown of the bulldozer control mechanism.

FYI, The O&M Manual is much more than an Operator Manual. It also covers most aspects of basic maintenance. A pdf download is less than $50 from the Cat Publications web site. Maybe the best $50 you'll ever spend. Check the pocket in the back of the operator seat. You might get lucky and find one there.

upload_2021-10-31_21-47-43.png

Attachments

• 117-7714 Control Gp.pdf
    236.1 KB · Views: 4

Darien peto

Hello Mr nige. Do the pumps on this machine have suction screens? The left hand drive pump (mounted directly to flywheel housing) has a decent whine based on engine RPM. Machine functions perfect, I just replaced both hydraulic lines that supply the filters, they had rubbed holes in one another. Is there a certain spot the bleed air from the system?

Nige

No screens as far as I can see. It wouldn't be usual on a pump like that because a plugged screen could cause a pump failure by restricting the pump inlet flow.
Did you cut the filters open yet to have a look inside them for particles.? It would be a good idea if you haven't done it yet.
Not sure about a location to bleed the pumps on initial startup. Maybe someone else can suggest something.