• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

D5 hydraulic hose help

RZucker

Occupation
Mechanic/welder
30-35 lb ft for 3/8" bolts, tighten them evenly to avoid bending the clamps. The clamps will have a small amount of clearance under them when tightened. That's necessary to keep the hose flange tight to the block.
To bleed the air, fill the reservoir to "Full" and operate the controls several times in both directions to fill the lines and cylinders. Stop and check the oil level immediately if you hear the pump growl, other wise after cycling the controls set every thing on the ground and check the oil level again. Should be good to go after that.

chrism

I just did them one by one. The newer hoses have more clearance at the ends than the older ones that makes getting a ratchet and socket on them a little easier. My big hands didnt help much! I bought two buckets of hydraulic fluid and it's still not full :(