• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

D4H under load blows light grey smoke

Oxbow

Definitely no charges with our dealer, in fact, they are constantly encouraging customers to use it.
Takes some load off the parts people on the phones I guess.

Access to parts listings is generally free but all the other areas of SIS; schematics, D&A, sys-op etc. have to be paid for.

Yep, just stopped by my local dealer to pick up parts for my muffler repair and signed up for parts access for free but everything else is only available for fleet owners or thru the service staff. That is fine with me, they are only 4 miles away, plus all you guys seem to not mind folks asking what must be to you really dumb questions.

I guess I need to break down and buy the shop manual, I see more work in my future.

Ah, thanks Gentlemen, I'll get signed up for the el cheapo version!

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
OK, so the reason it was leaking exhaust gas previously is that there was no ring in there at all ........ :eek:

The lips on the end of the tube don't look too bad from your photo, in truth the spring-steel ring is what seals the gap between the tube and the muffler, the two lips are simply there to hold the ring in the correct place.

It will take some hours of operation for all the small gaps between the ring and the muffler, especially the open ends even though they will have closed somewhat as the tube was installed, to fill up with carbon and seal 100%. I suggest simply to monitor it going forward.