• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

D3B Cat Widow Wonders

BCLINE

Agreed! Don't let anybody chew you down on price once you figured out a good one. I'm not claiming to know what the right value is but take some time do some research and keep in mind that machines with a high price on them may have been sitting there for a very long time, lol!
Thank you so much for letting me know you agree, and for helping me. I’m not greedy or starving, just wanna do her right by finding another good person to care for her. But I refuse to be taken advantage of in the absence of my husband. He would fairly want what she is worth and that is why I am taking time to learn these things. My husband was an honest man. Gentle giant. He would help anyone he came in contact with. He worked hard, and came by everything honest. Rare to find these days. I’m not being biased, anyone would tell you that. I can’t use her but I know someone can. I cannot express how appreciative I am to have found you fellas to work with. He has two tractors as well so I’ll have to move them. Therefore I need to learn about them too. I’ve got a LOT to learn, and do, but I will get there.

Attachments

• 81D929C3-BB31-42B3-BBB6-F7F4FDB43198.jpeg
    81D929C3-BB31-42B3-BBB6-F7F4FDB43198.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 56
  • 2526D441-5344-4B1E-885D-CFFBD418BFDC.jpeg
    2526D441-5344-4B1E-885D-CFFBD418BFDC.jpeg
    5.1 MB · Views: 52

Tinkerer

You are most welcome.
But I have no expertise.
I just know what to look for when judging the condition of a machine.
I am guessing from the little bit I have seen of your dozer that I would buy it in heart beat if it runs and operates like it should. Too bad I don't need one.
Take your time finding a buyer. An honest person will (should )offer you a decent price for it.

BCLINE

You are most welcome.
But I have no expertise.
I just know what to look for when judging the condition of a machine.
I am guessing from the little bit I have seen of your dozer that I would buy it in heart beat if it runs and operates like it should. Too bad I don't need one.
Take your time finding a buyer. An honest person will (should )offer you a decent price for it.
I appreciate each of your words more than you know. I will certainly continue do my homework before settling on a price. I just need to get her moved & find a really good person to take care of her. Thank you.

Vetech63

From what I see online currently I would say a range of $16k -18K would be pretty good. Thats like an average of what I am seeing. I'd ask 18K myself and leave a little bargaining room. Others here may have a different opinion and may be better suited than me to price a piece of equipment we haven't seen with our own eyes.

Bluox

A big plus it doesn't have a root rake hanging off the blade, but the blade shows it has been somewhat abused pushing bigger material .
The hour meter may be correct as that is about the time it would be ready for a new set of tracks.
Looking at the pictures the track groups and the sprockets have been replaced but the wore out bottom rollers have not.
As rusty as the tracks are I would guess this machine has set a lot in the last 20 years.
As far as the insides that would require a in person visit .
A homeowner would pee down his leg for that machine.
When you sell it put on the bill of sale "as is where is with all faults"
Good luck
Bad Bob

Delmer

Those auction results confirm what Vetech guessed for value, most auction results these days didn't actually sell, they were just fishing, and most would be in worse shape, so a value at the top of the auction results is reasonable. I agree with asking a fair price for it and not giving it away, it will get the most loving home that way, only half joking.

As far as the tractors, that Ford is clean and attractive in today's market, it's probably gained more value in the last few years than the Farmall has lost. Farmalls are now more collector tractors than hobby farm, and the value has dropped since ten or twenty years ago. Sorry, can't guess a value there.

BCLINE

From what I see online currently I would say a range of $16k -18K would be pretty good. Thats like an average of what I am seeing. I'd ask 18K myself and leave a little bargaining room. Others here may have a different opinion and may be better suited than me to price a piece of equipment we haven't seen with our own eyes.
Thank you so much. I truly appreciate your time. The time you put into looking for me & figuring out the average & posting your reply. Thank you so very much.

BCLINE

A big plus it doesn't have a root rake hanging off the blade, but the blade shows it has been somewhat abused pushing bigger material .
The hour meter may be correct as that is about the time it would be ready for a new set of tracks.
Looking at the pictures the track groups and the sprockets have been replaced but the wore out bottom rollers have not.
As rusty as the tracks are I would guess this machine has set a lot in the last 20 years.
As far as the insides that would require a in person visit .
A homeowner would pee down his leg for that machine.
When you sell it put on the bill of sale "as is where is with all faults"
Good luck
Bad Bob
What a wealth of information you provided in one small post. Thank you. I appreciate your time in looking at the pictures & assessing my machine. My dad used to use it a lot for my husband when we first bought our place. He was a heavy machinery operator & knew how to handle her & take care of her. My husband took care of his things, but didn’t use it very often. However, when he did use it, it was to get a lot of heavier things moved I think, so your assessment is probably spot on. My husband found out he had a cancer years ago (prostate) then years later found out he also had a blood cancer & rectum cancer. He hasn’t used the machine in years (at all) due to this. So therefore again, spot on with the assessment. I appreciate your time, detailed explanations, explaining about the bill of sale & the pee comment that made me laugh!

BCLINE

Those auction results confirm what Vetech guessed for value, most auction results these days didn't actually sell, they were just fishing, and most would be in worse shape, so a value at the top of the auction results is reasonable. I agree with asking a fair price for it and not giving it away, it will get the most loving home that way, only half joking.

As far as the tractors, that Ford is clean and attractive in today's market, it's probably gained more value in the last few years than the Farmall has lost. Farmalls are now more collector tractors than hobby farm, and the value has dropped since ten or twenty years ago. Sorry, can't guess a value there.
Thank you so much for taking the time to explain. I like hearing knowledge about the equipment. It is very interesting to say the least. And not for seeing dollar signs, but knowing about my husband’s things and what the world thinks of them. That they are more than just “parked in the shed.” Thank you for telling me about the tractors. I appreciate you & your time in explaining.

skyking1

But for a few thousand miles of travel, I'd make you an offer on the Ford. It looks like a good one as Delmer has pointed out. Best of luck moving forward.

Mcrafty1

Occupation
Earth work
Good evening All,
I was very glad to findView attachment 267358View attachment 267358 View attachment 267359 View attachment 267360 View attachment 267361 View attachment 267359 View attachment 267360 View attachment 267361 this site of knowledgeable people, when I feel like I know nothing. My husband passed and I feel completely helpless with all of his old equipment. We were married 41 years and I’ve never had to know things I’m having to ask now. I’m planning to eventually move and downsize because I cannot keep up all of the property. I had a friend come over & put a new battery in her. She cranked right up with the first try. Now what to do with her. She’s obviously not finished showing what she can do. How old is she? What year? What is the best place for me to sell her? So many people try to take advantage of me because of my age and being alone. I have one child & she does a lot already. I’m not stupid, but this just makes me feel that way. Just looking for advice from legitimate, knowledgeable people that will help instead of harm. Thank you for the time to read this.
In my opinion you'd be wise to hire an experienced equipment appraiser and/or a Cat technician to come and physically lay eye's on the machine for an accurate assessment of it's fair market value. Asking on forums is going to get you the widest possible range for a value....again, that's just my opinion.

Welder Dave

If possible having someone with some equipment experience to help you sell it could be beneficial. No offence meant but I can see a bunch of tire kickers finding anything and everything wrong (that probably isn't) with the equipment and trying to low ball you with ridiculously low offers.
On Sunday a guy at my track asked if I wanted to sell an old truck I had. I said $1000. He said $1000 kind of sarcastically and offered $500. I said no, I could sell the engine alone for that. Then he said $700, no. Then $800. I said I'd sell it for $800. Then he says it will cost him a couple hundred bucks to get a flat deck trailer as if I should take that amount off the price. Idiot. Even worse is he figured he could just boost it to drive on the trailer. The truck has been sitting for about 10 years so would need the fuel tank and lines cleaned out. I would make sure it's not seized but it's sold stricly as is. It did run good when parked. The heater blew cold air in winter and it sounds like the blower fan came loose is why it's parked. The front end was rebuilt shortly before being parked. It's a 2000 Chev. 2500 with a (gas guzzling) 6.0L engine

BCLINE

In my opinion you'd be wise to hire an experienced equipment appraiser and/or a Cat technician to come and physically lay eye's on the machine for an accurate assessment of it's fair market value. Asking on forums is going to get you the widest possible range for a value....again, that's just my opinion.
Thank you. I appreciate your time & your reply.

BCLINE

If possible having someone with some equipment experience to help you sell it could be beneficial. No offence meant but I can see a bunch of tire kickers finding anything and everything wrong (that probably isn't) with the equipment and trying to low ball you with ridiculously low offers.
On Sunday a guy at my track asked if I wanted to sell an old truck I had. I said $1000. He said $1000 kind of sarcastically and offered $500. I said no, I could sell the engine alone for that. Then he said $700, no. Then $800. I said I'd sell it for $800. Then he says it will cost him a couple hundred bucks to get a flat deck trailer as if I should take that amount off the price. Idiot. Even worse is he figured he could just boost it to drive on the trailer. The truck has been sitting for about 10 years so would need the fuel tank and lines cleaned out. I would make sure it's not seized but it's sold stricly as is. It did run good when parked. The heater blew cold air in winter and it sounds like the blower fan came loose is why it's parked. The front end was rebuilt shortly before being parked. It's a 2000 Chev. 2500 with a (gas guzzling) 6.0L engine
Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. I value each of your opinions & that is why I came here. I’m glad you were able to sell your truck & not go much lower than you asked. I plan to try to post it somewhere soon & im going to post here to keep you guys updated on how it went. Thank you.

BCLINE

Thank you. I appreciate your time & your reply.
Thank you for taking the time to reply. The retired bulldozer mechanic we had put the battery in and run her for us said his old boss still working & owns heavy machinery shop here in town for years. He is going to ask him what he would ask. Also, this forum has helped me out in more ways than you could know. I know a LOT more now than when I did when I first posted a week ago now. I so grateful for that. I’m doing my homework & checking other sites & trying to settle on a figure to ask. I certainly will hold my ground & not allow anyone to take advantage of me. It is not a desperate need to sell, however it will have to be done. I will not settle & I plan to stay only within $1,000 of my asking price. I plan to ask a “little” wiggle room, but I refuse to be low balled for sure. Thank you for taking the time to reply to help me out.