• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

D10T - 777F - D8T Cam failures

Gavin84w

Just had 5th Cam failure in 7000hrs on our D10T. Hope these updated cams and higher oil pressure works. Can't afford anymore.

Something radically wrong there, i have customers with 12000hr D10T,s and everything is original, we adjust valves as per OEM and change oil 250hrs.

If the machine has Productlink and you are hooked in to visionlink you can look up the flashfiles from sitting at your desk.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Late Breaking News ...............!!!

We have 2 x D10T (one new last December & one recently overhauled with a Reman engine in it) that are producing soot at double the values of what we've been used to seeing before. We see around 35-40% soot @ 250 hours on oil compared to around half that for our older tractors where engines have not been replaced yet. Only difference I can see is that the newer engines are using a software about 3-5 generations newer than what's in the older tractors.

Key will be the D10T we got back last Friday from overhaul with a Reman engine (and of course latest available software) in it. You can bet we'll be watching the SOS on that one really closely.

I have officially run the flag up the pole with Cat on this one. Watch this space ............

scoops25

Currently running several of the updated Cams in D10T and 777F. Also the updated oil pump spring is completed when the cam and rockers are updated. Hope this is the fix, we are currently doing 3-4 cams a month right now. Almost every time we open one up to do the recommended valve set we find a shot roller and spalled cam!! Costing us big bucks.

cat-mechanic

Occupation
Field Mechanic
I found this today after doing a set of injectors on an RJG prefix machine.

Improved Camshafts Are Now Used on Certain C27 and C32 Machines {1210**
SMCS - 1210

Engine:
C27 All
C32 All
Service Magazine, SEPD1643, 30 July 2013, "Improved Camshafts Are Now Used on Certain C27 and C32 Machines". Disregard this article, effectivity has been added.
Refer to Special Instruction, REHS9247, "Improved Camshafts, Rocker Arm Assemblies, and High-Pressure Oil Pumps Are Now Used on C27 and C32 Machine Engines" for all information concerning updated to C27 and C32 Machine Engines.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
That's a Service Magazine. What post #47 was enquiring about was a factory Support Program. For RJG-prefix D10T there were 2 programs published on 5/5/14 titled "replacing the upper valve train mechanism on certain D10T tractors". I have no info other than that.

cat-mechanic

Occupation
Field Mechanic
That's a Service Magazine. What post #47 was enquiring about was a factory Support Program. For RJG-prefix D10T there were 2 programs published on 5/5/14 titled "replacing the upper valve train mechanism on certain D10T tractors". I have no info other than that.

Yeah, found they finally published a new service letter for it. PS52662, After failure only.