• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

D-11N heart transplant

JimBruce42

Occupation
operator
I work for Independence out of Cleveland and our family owned business, which is an excavation/construction operation as well. So basically I have two very full time jobs when the economy allows lol:pointhead

I suspected as much, seems like Independence gets a little bit bigger every time I snoop their (your) website. Just one very full time job is good these days, so two's got to be even better. Thanks for sharing:drinkup:usa

ddiiggy

yeah and someone mentioned dubai putting in a huge order for 10T's and 11T's so that means that alot of machines are going overseas as well. anndddd I agree, im sure some companies get to "cut" on the waiting list because they are preferred customers of Cat. Gotta take care of your frequent buyers.

I wonder how's things in Dubai with the economy finally? / suddenly? smakking catching up to them...

grunk36

Occupation
trainer/technical support with TRIMBLE/SITECH denm
I wonder how's things in Dubai with the economy finally? / suddenly? smakking catching up to them...

i have actually heard that things in dubai will start up again after new year in a higher gear than ever!!!!!

Wrench_one

Occupation
Mining Equipment Mechanic
Nice Photo's of the D-11's. My CAt salesman quoted me $1.3 mill for a new D-11T vs about $85 K for a rebuilt 3508. Just in case anyone was wondering.

special tool

Nice Photo's of the D-11's. My CAt salesman quoted me $1.3 mill for a new D-11T vs about $85 K for a rebuilt 3508. Just in case anyone was wondering.

And that is a rebuilt from Cat itself, right.
No wonder why they keep rebuilding the old ones, instead of getting the T.

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
That 85K doesn't guarantee an engine that will run without problems like a new engine. I was working for a Cat dealer doing a frame up rebuild on a D11T out of the tar sands in Canada. The first exchange engine ran for about ten minutes and lost something on the coolant side which put all the coolant in the basement. Six weeks later we got the second exchange engine.

chidog

85K, I'd like to know the approximate cost for parts? But then they are all OEM cat parts. I'm betting non cat rebuilds are mostly non cat parts, in some case those aftermarket parts are as good or better than factory OEM parts.
I think the reason for not so good mechanic work in this day and age is most of the people are both burnt out and tired from lack of sleep. Things were different in the older days, no fun things like TV's and Online to keep people up half the night, as well as dealing with the kids doing the same.

Birken Vogt

Charter Member
It's funny to read these old threads, why are you fixing up that old junker they will say. Well times change and now some of those old junkers are looking pretty good.

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
The D11T I'm talking about happened around 2010.

chidog

I thought 1.3 M for a D11 was too little. More like 3 M now I'd think. So that makes that engine rebuild more like 130K now?