• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Antoine Leblanc

How long does the following CTL undercarriage components last? (hours or years)
  • Rollers
  • Idlers
  • Sprockets
  • Rubber Tracks
What are the best aftermarket undercarriage parts brands?

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Welcome to the Forums AL!

That's a question with many, many variables as 1466 said. It's like asking "how much does a car cost?".

Too many factors to even begin to give advice without some background.

What brand and model CTL and what type of operating conditions?
What is the machine used for on a regular basis?
How many hours per year on average is the machine operated?
What type of attachments are regularly run on it?
How many operators are running the machine?
Is the machine a rental?

Mbar

Just for example. I’ve got a customer with a cat 259d. They use it as a skid steer not a bulldozer. I just did bottom rollers idlers and rebuilt one tensioner at 4500 hours. Put tracks on it last summer along with sprockets. Say 3800 hours. That made the third set of tracks. As stated there are a lot of variables. Put a machine is rocks and sand and down goes the life. If your on pavement get a tire machine. Ctl are expensive to put undercarriage on and my opinion not worth it unless you truly need it.