• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Converting over 3 point implements to run off a skid steer??

CRAFT

Occupation
30 yrs Owner/Operator
That looks cool. Nice job. Is that all home made or ?

How well would you say it works and how deep can the snow be for it to work. What are the limits on that. We don't have any snow where I am so I am not fimilar with snow blowers.

Hmmm ??? …. Not sure which part you are asking about ??? ….. The main Blower is a Factory Allied Buhler 60" 3pt hitch Tractor Snow Blower …… The 3pt hitch mount was cut off, the PTO drive shaft c/w coupler removed from the Gear Box ….. A Skid-Steer Quik-Attach mounting Plate was fabricated c/w a mounting platform for the Hydraulic Motor …. and Wings were added to the Factory Blower housing to widen this unit out …… Hope this helps …. cheers

204saskman

Hey just wondering what size of hydrauic motor you used for your blower. I know this is an old thread but I'm building one here for my 72 inch blower and I've been looking around on what size of motor to use. Thanks

DIYDAVE

First you have to know what the flow(GPM) and pressure(PSI) Your SL operates at. once you know this, you can choose a hyd motor, from any of several sources that sell hyd motors. I have made 2 attachments, in my inventing career. 1 was a bush hog/brush cutter, that I fabbed from the parts of an old 4' howse rotary bush hog. The other was an old ford snowblower that I modified to fit the same ASV RC-30. I got both hyd motors, from http://www.surpluscenter.com/ they have a helpful hydraulic formula page, and excellent tech support. Both motors cost about $500, IIRR. there are other suppliers out there, I just stuck with the one that worked for me the first time...

ferrret3238

I built my own snowblower for my old gehl 2500 with 7 gpm. It didn't work very well cause the gpm was too low for the thrower. I hooked the lines from the loader in series through the hydraulic motors, one that drives the 5 ft collector and then through the thrower. I sized the motors 3 to 1 on the flow rates so the thrower turned 3 times as fast as the collector. I used it for a while but it loaded up very easily and would then only throw a few feet. Since then I traded off the two gehls I had for a 99 john deere 250 with 17 gpm. The more gpm will hopefully make the difference with bogging down and not throwing too far. I'm in NE Iowa too.

Three Point Adaptors

I am the designer of the SSS 3 Point PTO Attachment. It is nice to see others trying this. If you are looking to just convert 1 implement, then by all means just get a motor and the cheapest 3 point plate you can find to connect it to your machine. I was in that position when I bought my first skid steer. Soon after I converted the first attachment, I realized there were many other applications I wanted to change over. That is when it became expensive. I then went for an implement that could be used over and over. I hired an engineer to put my thoughts onto a design and we went to work. The next issue was the motors. This is important guys. Every dealer that ever looked at our implement stated that they never saw a skid steer with enough hydraulic horsepower to be able to run a tractor implement effectively. Again I hired a hydraulic engineer to use a stock design but change the gearing so I could get the maximum HP possible over the full range of flow and pressures exerted from skid steer loaders as high as 40 GPM @ 3500 PSI. This is the key. I bought many motors when I was trying to get this thing to work and they were all just OK. So just be aware that it is not as simple as buying some motor with a PTO shaft installed off the internet. We have tried to do this as cost effectively as possible and have sold over 2000 of these in the 10 years they have been manufactured. We would love to help you with your solutions so let us know if we can help you. Mention this blog and I will give you 10% off the 3 Point PTO up until Feb 1, 2012.

Robert Leib
Skid Steer Solutions
What is the HP out put of the PTO?

Lil' Puss

I just got this Eterra model. Going to use it with a brush cutter.

Attachments

• 20230811_203708[1].jpg
    20230811_203708[1].jpg
    3 MB · Views: 6

Lil' Puss

I have a skid steer to 3pt with a pto. What is the HP out put of the PTO?
Did you get it second hand? There are three models that are matched to your skid steer's system flow rate, plus a hi-flow model. If you get the wrong one you'll either get poor performance or toast the hydraulic motor. What do you have?