• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Concrete recycling

jms1387

Setting up a Concrete/Asphalt recycle yard and was curious if anyone on here has utilized "chunkers or grizzly's" to help pre-screen material to help minimize time sorting it all out with trackhoe and loaders. my thoughts are to build your typical ramp and build a large chunker at the top for the dump trucks to dump over it when dropping off material. this would leave me a clean pile of larger chunks and a dirty pile with say an 8" minus. i think the 8" minus pile would be good for your subbase material or roadstones and the larger cleaner pile would be easier to meet gradation on certain products. Any Thoughts???/

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Welcome to the Forums JBirse!:drinkup