• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Company Logo

Which Logo ?

• Logo 1

Votes: 19 73.1%
  • Logo 2

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Logo 3

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Logo 4

Votes: 4 15.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Squizzy246B

Administrator
Occupation
Digger Driver
Jeff, the new truck (if it ever Flamin get here) is white. The new tool boxes on the tools trailer will be white. That leaves the skid which is Cat's Baby poo yellow and the excavator which is Yanmar's Monkey Vomit yellow....(I'm big into colours:rolleyes: )

I personally like the original one (without the plumbline) better. I'm not sure why, but I do. Not that this one isn't good too
And given your high standing here on HEF I had to give the above comments due regard....:confused: ......and I got it changed a little to run some keystones around the plumbline.:rolleyes:

I will try and post it oneday??...Thats it, I'm off on holidays..Thanks to all

See ya in a week or two:thumbsup

Steve Frazier

Founder
Staff member
I like number one the best of the four. However, I see an interesting line in your initial post:
"I have had a design firm knock up a few logo's for my new LLC."
I'm assuming your design firm is an on line one from the nature of the samples. These companies are economical and convenient, but the trouble with them is that they do "knock out" these things, there's very little personalization to them. I've seen similar polls such as yours on other Boards and really haven't been that impressed with the offerings. Before you make a commitment, look in to how much a design would cost by a local company, or even find a freelance graphic artist to work on it. I think you'll find your results will be more unique which will be better remembered by potential customers.

Squizzy246B

Administrator
Occupation
Digger Driver
Steve Frazier said:
I'm assuming your design firm is an on line one from the nature of the samples. These companies are economical and convenient, but the trouble with them is that they do "knock out" these things, there's very little personalization to them. I've seen similar polls such as yours on other Boards and really haven't been that impressed with the offerings. Before you make a commitment, look in to how much a design would cost by a local company, or even find a freelance graphic artist to work on it. I think you'll find your results will be more unique which will be better remembered by potential customers.

Steve,....ummm....they are 600 yards down the road...and I don't think they are online. The business has done my cards and stuff for about 5 years. I gave them a very broad brief to see what they could come up with in a logo that was universal for all my stuff. The letter head and other stationary is very impressive. I've only been posting the actual logo bit here....but I like the way you are thinking. At least with a local person I can go in and sort stuff out...or call them when I have a break and get them out to write the skid or something. They also make siteworks signs for me on corflute.

Squizzy246B

Administrator
Occupation
Digger Driver
I did the paint thingy so the quality is not too sharp but here is something near the final draft:

Attachments

• BizCardDraft.JPG
    BizCardDraft.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 302

Steve Frazier

Founder
Staff member
That looks more refined and much better. I'll suggest a unique paint scheme for your truck(s) to go along with the graphics. Keep it simple but eye catching, something that will stick in the publics mind.

I've got 2 trucks that are identically lettered and painted, and I always get comments that I'm seen all over the place. Many of the people figured I'm a much larger company than I actually am for this reason. The key to truck art is to get your message out clearly, and have it in a format the public will remember. Keep it short, there is generally only a few second glimpse that the average person will get and you want to make an impression during this short time.

salesrep

Occupation
Sales Rep
Looks real good. I do like the bricks in the center of the logo hwever.

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
Do it once and do it well?

That's certainly at odds with my personal motto--"Any job worth doing is worth doing twice. (Maybe three times.)"

:)

Squizzy246B

Administrator
Occupation
Digger Driver
digger242j said:
Do it once and do it well?

That's certainly at odds with my personal motto--"Any job worth doing is worth doing twice. (Maybe three times.)"

:)

Maybe I have to add ..."cept when on hourly hire"

Thanks to all those who voted and commented, much appreciated.:thumbsup

Squizzy246B

Administrator
Occupation
Digger Driver
Here is what it will look like on my equipment:

Attachments

• Excavator rear.jpg
    Excavator rear.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 334
  • Excavator side.jpg
    Excavator side.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 326
  • Truck door.jpg
    Truck door.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 331

Squizzy246B

Administrator
Occupation
Digger Driver
Thanks for the comments and feedback.

Tyler, Its going real well. We just finished a hell job done a big sandhill. It skull dragged the 248B up the hill about 8 times and did the bulk of the work. No frills machine that just does what is asked. Block laying it costs me about a $1 an hour in fuel. One of the bottom pins on the stick seems to groan a bit like its dry but we grease the hell out of it. Yanmar has been out to look at it and I think want to pull the pin for a check.

Jeff D.

Yup, it looks good Mr. Squizzy!!:yup

What's it say on the side of your mini? It looks like "Numbat" or "Newhart" or "Wombat" maybe?:beatsme Who dat spose da be??:cool:

And did Bob the bucket builder get you hooked up already, I see you've another bucket there?

Squizzy246B

Administrator
Occupation
Digger Driver
Yup, it looks good Mr. Squizzy!!:yup

What's it say on the side of your mini? It looks like "Numbat" or "Newhart" or "Wombat" maybe?:beatsme Who dat spose da be??:cool:

And did Bob the bucket builder get you hooked up already, I see you've another bucket there?

Its "The Numbat" thats what the kids call it...Numbats ferret around in the bush and dig out termites and insects???. The skid is "Flat Cat" on account of...no wait..thats another story. The new truck (whenever the hell we get it:mad: ) has been named "The Shingleback"..for whatever reason that escapes me:confused: . My brother has a boat called "The Wombat"...but wombats have a sort of different definition Down Under...on account that wombat's eat roots shoots and leaves...and the word "root" has a different meaning down here:rolleyes:

Bob the Builder is flat out drinking like a lizard...he has to finish my 3ft trash rake, my 2ft gummy bucket and my 18" gummy. Then he has to finish the body work on my tools trailer as well as build me a hydraulic thumb and some new block lifting clamps. By christmas time he should be rich just before he gets divorced and I should be poor but have a lot of new toys:cool:

bear

Occupation
Math, Physics, keeping out of trouble and doing od
And for those who are not familiar with Perth, right next to the suburb of Cockburn is a suburb called Hotfanny, believe or not:eek: and it's pronounced ot-fan-ee

That is some fun information Hendrik, thank you. I can'think of anything to say to two towns/districts/cities that are neighbors with those spellings next to each other. I'm trying to strangle the 10 year old inside. :D :tong :cool2 :lmao