• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Caterpillar Sproket Removal (also Komatsu)

tctractors

some pics of ongoing jobs

Attachments

• SAM_0872.jpg
    SAM_0872.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 474
  • SAM_0873.jpg
    SAM_0873.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 474
  • SAM_0874.jpg
    SAM_0874.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 476
  • SAM_0875.jpg
    SAM_0875.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 483
  • SAM_0876.jpg
    SAM_0876.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 476

tctractors

a few more that I am working on.

Attachments

• SAM_0877.jpg
    SAM_0877.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 469
  • SAM_0878.jpg
    SAM_0878.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 471
  • SAM_0880.jpg
    SAM_0880.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 467
  • SAM_0881.jpg
    SAM_0881.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 465
  • SAM_0882.jpg
    SAM_0882.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 465

tctractors

and a few more pics

Attachments

• SAM_0884.jpg
    SAM_0884.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 464
  • SAM_0885.jpg
    SAM_0885.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 466
  • SAM_0886.jpg
    SAM_0886.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 463
  • SAM_0887.jpg
    SAM_0887.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 466
  • SAM_0888.jpg
    SAM_0888.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 464

tctractors

and finally some more

Attachments

• SAM_0889.jpg
    SAM_0889.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 467
  • SAM_0890.jpg
    SAM_0890.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 460
  • SAM_0891.jpg
    SAM_0891.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 462
  • SAM_0893.jpg
    SAM_0893.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 459

Blk prince

Occupation
Truck driver semi retired
tct,first two pics,has machine been out of service for awhile,certainly missing a fair number of shoes. Final pic is only to look at,correct? You did not have the "pleasure" of rescuing that critter did you?

tctractors

B-P, the land drainers often run with half the plates stripped, this drainer is on long D7 Chains and it was time to pop out a link from each side also to reseal the track adjusters ready to go out on a job the next week, the Exhaust box is for an International BTD20 engine (Rolls Royce) the Gent stood looking at his Loading Shovel in 2 bits is the owner and is a real pleasure to do any work for, always very thankfull and sharp to settle my small Bills, the D6N is French built with that U.S. sticker in the U.K.?? parked up calved down in a crater, the stuck tipper is in the same hole but also in a hole, it was nothing to do with me but you can see its down in the pit.

tctractors

Blk prince

Occupation
My old departed Uncle ran Cat for years building roads in the logging industry,then he was given a new Euclid. He would not run another Cat as long as the "Uke" was mobile. He always said the Uke was a better machine. Have you come across any in your travels?

RonG

Charter Member
Occupation
heavy equipment operator
I can imagine having the radiator behind you in the hot summer would endear the machine to an operator.I have heard that the coolant lines running under the operators station negated any advantage to the operator though.I have never run their track machines but have worked around them quite a bit and have been impressed with their technology.Their nitrogen charged track adjustment system was ingenious using the grease adjustment to maintain slack in the track chain as opposed to the conventional method that we are accustomed to.
They seemed to be first with the single cylinder to control the front blade.I wonder what his (uncle) conversion was based upon.Ron G

tctractors

Euclid-Terex, at 1 time the green machines with the sticker of a Man pointing to the Workshop on seemed fairly common in the U.K. the loading shovels, Mine Cars and Scrapers being the common chariots, the Dozer side of things always seemed very thin on the ground here, anyhow around 30 years ago I used to do an amount of work for a Co called Pipeline Equipment Services (P. Strange) sometimes he would send me off for a week or 2 driving a tractor and box (Pan), 1 job was digging out a wetland area/lake for Peter Scott at Slimbridge Wildfowl Trust, the mount was a Euclid tractor pulling a CAT 435 box, the Euc' had I think a Baker CCU that was a bit of a knacker job as it would blow a seal (Big O Ring) if you gave the winch some Boot, plus the howl out of the motor would scare the Wildlife off, this Euc' had the single nose ram for the blade although the blade was stripped off to put the tractor in G.T. Spec' also known as Race Performance Mode, 1 thing I did notice compared to a D7E the Euc was an Alcoholic for our Cherry Aide, but the tractor would start instantly and pulled very well, I seem to recall that it also was about as wide as it was long.
The Army was littered with the Euc Iron and it would seem a tasty mount to own was the Shovel with the recovery winch stuffed in the front of the cab, to re-seal any ram was easy with 1 seal kit fitting all the cylinders (I think?) if you ran the hydraulic oil low the steering packed up needing a valve control venting to sort things, the common repair that I used to get was the replacement of the Torque drive plate that used to tear up, on the Euc Scrapers well its hard work only getting stuffed into them constantly, it was always said to run 5 TS 14's you need to turn up with 7, I can recall once getting sent to a site with 17 Maggi Deutz 3 axle dumpers, out of 17 only 3 would do a days work, it took me 5 weeks to get all of the dumpers up on their feet working, some had snapped through the Chassis behind the Cab, looking back on things I had to work like a Dog, thankfully things are easy now.
tctractors

Blk prince

Occupation
Nice to see the brain cells getting a work out. Some memories good,some not so good. All part of this go around called life. Lol

oldirt

I ran an 8220b long enough on a hot day to realize it didn't matter much to the operator which way that fan was pushing, I got real hot and stayed that way, although it was an open station machine. it did perform well, although I can still hear that infernal buzzing the motor made today.

tctractors

Bit of a First for me today, I have stripped a CAT D6D Final Drive in a Factory Car Park, its odd pulling sprockets etc next to heaps of cars on a top class Tarmac surface with nothing under the tracks to save it??
tctractors

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Bit of a First for me today, I have stripped a CAT D6D Final Drive in a Factory Car Park, its odd pulling sprockets etc next to heaps of cars on a top class Tarmac surface with nothing under the tracks to save it??
tctractors

Maybe if you asked they could haul in a few tonnes of mud mixed with grease and oil just to make you more comfortable:lmao

tctractors

I will be going back out to stuff it all back together next week, so a few snaps will be no trouble, the Factory owners don't seem to care about the top spec Tarmac, its also next to The Doctors Surgery so its a bit odd???
tctractors

tctractors

RonG, my life is a scream most of the time, the rain can be trying and having to cope with oil every where as you pop down a belly plate can be a sicken'er but to find a CAT D6D parked in a car space in a tidy Car Park is a comedy to a Donkey like me, I will admit that I would be happier in a Swamp working, but I just find it nuts.
tctractors

RonG

Charter Member
Occupation
heavy equipment operator
Ya' gotta be careful where you do you chores in a place like that,you could get arrested for indecent exposure.Now I may be making assumptions here 'cause we don't know each other that well but there is always someone that would complain no matter what your wavin'.Ron G

oldirt

I wonder what caused that D6D to be parked with all the autos in a hard surfaced car park? are there cars close to the tractor too?!! I just can't imagine.

tctractors

The D6D in the Car Park man has gone very silent, I had the parts people E him a costing on parts for a "Proper Job" also a Bluff Job with just a few bits stuffed into things, so its possibly a bit of a "Sit and Think" moment on the best way to go?? the U.K. is on some sort of shut down for a few days but lucky for me there is a few jobs I can land on, a new task for next week is to stuff track groups (full hit) under an RB 20 or 25 or was it a 30, its a counter balance long reach excavator in a Quarry used on the silt lakes, it also has a wound in its hydraulic system resulting in weak track power on the Port Bow, apparently it drags its 1 leg about like a kicked dog so fun to be had, I also had a message not to spill any oil and have a spill kit to hand, I am hoping a few old Jumpers stuffed in a bin bag will do the trick.

tctractors