• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Caterpillar SIS. Tricks and tips, questions and answers.

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
The two I was looking for were 229-7259 and 229-7261. They're filter heads/manifolds. The 7261 is a four head setup. Just curious how proud of them Cat is. Toying around with building a filter cart.

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
First one I looked at was the 229-7261. In NPR It says this:
2297261.png

Then I entered that part number in to an order form and it says it is a filter head for $305.24 but also says "Contact dealer for availability" not always a good sign!

That "SEPD0727" under the part number seems to be a document number but comes up as not found in my version of SIS. This is a problem I see often when trying to access documents, I think it is something you need a higher level of SIS to see. I know there are tons of "Service Magazine" articles out there but I have never been able to view them. I did get them all the time at work, in paper form, up to about five years before I retired had them going back to the 1970's lots of good information.

I'll see what the 229-7259 does.

kshansen

Occupation
Well a little better luck on the 229-7259 number.

It also comes up with about the same information as in the yellow box above for the 229-7261, how ever when I try to do an order it does show this:
7259.png
I trimmed out the blank stuff in the center of form to fit this page better.

Also when I increased quantity to 6 it showed there to be one in York and five in Morton.

For a Cat part that price does not seem too bad, $255.00 would get you a four head set up.

Cmark

It's a service mag with details of filters and heads available for building custom filter carts etc. Everything is Donaldson though so it may be cheaper to try there.

SEPD0727.pdf

Attachments

• SEPD0727.pdf
    123.8 KB · Views: 30

kshansen

Occupation
It's a service mag with details of filters and heads available for building custom filter carts etc. Everything is Donaldson though so it may be cheaper to try there.

Thanks, Guess my access is restricted to no show the service mag's. Like I said used to get the paper versionand found lots of info in them but I think someone in the company decided I did not need that access!:mad:

Here's one for junkyuard, think this would handle you needs?
https://www.donaldson.com/content/d...-ENG/Inline-12-Filter-Manifold-Data-Sheet.pdf

Last edited:

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
Thanks, Guess my access is restricted to no show the service mag's. Like I said used to get the paper versionand found lots of info in them but I think someone in the company decided I did not need that access!:mad:

Here's one for junkyuard, think this would handle you needs?
https://www.donaldson.com/content/d...-ENG/Inline-12-Filter-Manifold-Data-Sheet.pdf

I'm not sure if 700 GPM will be enough or not :rolleyes:

I'm planning for future issues and deep down I know within the next 5-7 years the owners are gonna hang it up. Odds are I'll do my own thing at that point. Might as well get all my ducks in a row.....

I think too much! Haha

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic

SEPD0727.pdf

That's good info to have, I've got a couple ideas up my sleeve those might come in handy for!

kshansen

Occupation
I'm not sure if 700 GPM will be enough or not :rolleyes:

Yea but at least you could go a few years before the restriction got very high.

Just looking at that arrangement made me wonder how you go about changing those filters with out making a major mess!

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
Yea but at least you could go a few years before the restriction got very high.

Just looking at that arrangement made me wonder how you go about changing those filters with out making a major mess!

That's a job for a talented octopus!

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
not sure if your company has national accts with people but i get a 68% discount on donaldson with our current national acct if it wasnt such a pain to intercept paperwork i could help you out

We're setup really good with a few places. Not worth a flip with some others lol.

I've got enough parts machines on hand I can scrounge most everything I'll need. Sometimes it's easier to start fresh.

ih100

I've been trying to access SEBU5898 (special publication for cold weather preparation) for about two days, and I've drawn a blank trying to do it through SIS. Anyone got any ideas how to find it? I've tried parts search, and every other way in that I can think of, but no joy.

Cmark

Click on 'media search' and put it in there. If you can't access it, let me know and I'll send you a copy.

kshansen

Occupation
Thanks, Cmark. Straight to it.
Glad Cmark was able to point you in the right direction, I've been fighting snow most of the day with a walk behind blower, was up to 11:00 pm last night getting a guys bucket truck unstuck from our front yard! He went off the road while on his way from Central New York! Had to pick the worst couple days of snow we've had all winter! Truck is headed to the Islands that got hit by hurricanes this fall!

Divad h

Occupation
Diag
Caterpillar SIS 2018 CAT SIS 2018

There are 2 options for you to choose before order please:
1. Software is in a 320G hdd before shipment, the customers need to install it and active it in the laptop by themselves after receive the hdd.
2. Software would be installed well in a second hand dell d630 laptop before shipment, you could use it directly after you receive the dell D630 Laptop.
3. Languages: English, Spanish, Italian, Chinese, Mexican, German, French
4. OS: VISTA, Win7 x32, Win7 x64, Windows 8 x32, WinNT, WinXP
5. Date of update: 1/2018

Queenslander

Like most computer applications, just as I get familiar with the darned things they bring out an “improved”version...SIS 2.0

JPV

Oh no. Sis could definitely be improved but I have pretty much figured it out. When will we see the new version?