• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Caterpillar Excavator

ocindahouse

Hello, I need help. if i'm in the wrong section, please advise where I should go. I'm a salesman and I have a foreign client who's interested in acquiring 4 caterpillar excavators Model 320DL with super long reach fronts, the arm (or boom, not sure if it's the right term) is 15.2m (50ft) specifically, used or new to be exported to south america. I already contacted Caterpillar and I'm waiting on their response, other than that I dont know where to find them.

Does anybody sell or know where to find this type of excavator? Somebody please point me in the right direction :notworthy

Thank you in advance

Oscar
South Florida

Steve Frazier

Founder
Staff member
Oscar, with so many internet scams taking place in today's world, I'd like to know more about your credentials before I allow our members to be involved with your search. Thanks.

Steve Frazier

Founder
Staff member
I've spoken with Oscar privately and I'd like to set some restrictions to this thread. Our members may feel welcome to make general suggestions on where Oscar might look for the machines he needs, but refrain from giving specific machines and locations. Thanks.

ocindahouse

I've spoken with Oscar privately and I'd like to set some restrictions to this thread. Our members may feel welcome to make general suggestions on where Oscar might look for the machines he needs, but refrain from giving specific machines and locations. Thanks.

Thank you, yes I dont need any specific information right now. I need to get quotes to forward to my client, that's all.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Thank you, yes I dont need any specific information right now. I need to get quotes to forward to my client, that's all.

As far as new, you'll have to contact your local Cat dealer for these machines, as it is doubtful you'll find any Cat dealer anywhere that has 4 long reach excavators on their lot ready to move, that's a special application machine. Used...the first place I'd go is Machinery Trader, but even then, I doubt your going to find a supplier with 4 of them, chances are your going to have to deal with several machine suppliers, and figure out how to make a little money on the deal. Seems like a lot of potential land mines to me, but then, I'm not a salesman, just a mechanic. :)

ocindahouse

As far as new, you'll have to contact your local Cat dealer for these machines, as it is doubtful you'll find any Cat dealer anywhere that has 4 long reach excavators on their lot ready to move, that's a special application machine. Used...the first place I'd go is Machinery Trader, but even then, I doubt your going to find a supplier with 4 of them, chances are your going to have to deal with several machine suppliers, and figure out how to make a little money on the deal. Seems like a lot of potential land mines to me, but then, I'm not a salesman, just a mechanic. :)

Thank you, I already went to machinery trader and only found regular 320DL, not the ones with the extra long arm. So for now, that option can be put on hold (until somebody posts any other for sale there)

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Thank you, I already went to machinery trader and only found regular 320DL, not the ones with the extra long arm. So for now, that option can be put on hold (until somebody posts any other for sale there)

Like I said, those are special application machines, you'd be hard pressed to find 4 of them in one place, if you can find them at all.

ocindahouse

My client understands that so do I, that's why I'm trying to find even 1 since they need them really bad, they cant be found in their country and they actually have projects coming up where they're really needed. I'm still waiting on Cat reply's

dozerdave

Hi Oscar,

Why don't you go to a Cat dealer and tell somebody you want to talk to a salesman. The salesman will probably break your arm off shaking your hand and maybe take you to lunch when he hears 4 320's new or used, and you will have his undivided attention.That same salesman will also know what the price will be. There are many Cat dealers in South America, 5 or 6 in Veneuzuela alone.

watglen

Occupation
Farmer, drainage and excavating contractor, Farm d
If you can't find it at a Ritchie Bros Auction, or on Ironplanet.com, it doesn't exist!

This sounds like one of those deals where you can have any two of quick, good, and cheap.

briannnebo

Try Wayne Supply in Louisville KY. They are good to deal with. Don't know if they will have what you are looking for though.

9420pullpan

They will not sell you a "NEW" machine. In my opinion you should look at machinerytrader or catused. But don't bother asking for quotes on new equipment from Cat legally they can not sell it to you.

good luck

I use to be a cat sales rep before this recession.

blueman

Dealers/traders in Louisiana/Mississippi should have long reach machines. The Volvo dealer in New Orleans (Scott CE), for instance, has a big rental fleet of them. The equivalent model is the EC210BLR.
I don't know how they handle used equipment requests.

roddyo

Occupation
Manipulator of the Planet
320 DL Long Reach

For Used I would be working from $150,000 to $165,000 or so Delivered to the Port if it was me. As with everything the faster they want it, the more it is going to cost.

luckforever

Occupation
International trade
Are you still here? what do you need? rubber track or excavator?
i'm an rubber track exporter. I want to know if i can help you?

This is the same warning I gave to Jerry several posts above:

Aside from “For Sale” forum intended for the sale of member’s personally owned equipment, advertising of goods and services is not permitted unless sponsoring heavyequipmentforums.com. A vendor of goods or services may start one introductory thread explaining their product or service and may answer questions about such within that thread. No further promotion of your product or service may be made without sponsorship. If you are interested in becoming a sponsor, click “Contact Us” at the bottom of any page.

Soliciting business in your posts is a from of advertising, and is against the Forum Rules.
Please do not do it again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Colorado Digger

ocindaman

i spend alot of time in south america. if i wanted 4 cat's long fronted i would call the cat dealer. what's up?/
if you are the dealer why don't you have them or can get them. when i go to work down there i will use the cat dealer, maybe volvo or komatsu. but that's it. unless you want to buy jcb's. to find 4 320dllf that is a special order. otherwise take advice and piece it together.

mechman7

hi friends

anybody if u have any technical /Service Manual of L & T Poclain model 3 or 2 or any other technical /service manual, kindly post it

Thanks in advance

Ravi