• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Caterpillar 950GC

Adam Castaneda

Is a 950GC just a more simplified version of a K or M model. Also, my understanding is that it is only tier 3, is that correct? Thanks

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
It appears to be an export model. I picked up on this comment in the Specalog - "Engine - C7.1 built on a proven block with a new injection system specifically designed for fuel available in emerging markets."

See here ......... http://s7d2.scene7.com/is/content/Caterpillar/C10128842

The emissions level is not stated anywhere but my bet is that it would be no higher than TIER 3 and probably even TIER 2, which means it could not be legally sold in the US. If you have a specfic machine Serial Number post it here. From that it would be possible to find the engine emission level.

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Not sure what happened, I thought I had posted the following but this morning I see it was till waiting for me to click "Post Reply"!

Just looking at some of the basic spec's for the 950GC compared to the 950M I notice that all the spec's are given for the GC in strictly metric forms where most of the M spec's are in US format. this makes it look like the GC is a machine designed for export application. Here are links to the two machines spec's from Cat:

950GC
https://www.cat.com/en_ID/products/new/equipment/wheel-loaders/medium-wheel-loaders/18548328.html

950M
https://www.cat.com/en_US/products/new/equipment/wheel-loaders/medium-wheel-loaders/1000029161.html

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
I was talking to a friend in the industry a little while back who mentioned the GC line. Basically at this time it is an export model machine made in and for asian markets. Supposed to be Tier 3 and reduced electronic machine controls. Apparently there is some talk of marketing some form of that machine for the US market in the future as a less expensive option. I've heard other rumors of the government looking at rescinding the current Tier 4 regulations. I won't hold my breath on that though.

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Apparently there is some talk of marketing some form of that machine for the US market in the future as a less expensive option. I've heard other rumors of the government looking at rescinding the current Tier 4 regulations. I won't hold my breath on that though.

Would not surprise me while we are gutting all the regulations that protect people and the environment!