• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Caterpillar 315c l a/c problem

truecountry

Occupation
Shop Manager and Tech
Guys I been working on this excavator for a week on a/c unit ..Serial # is Cjc01986
Compressor was locked up replaced it and dryer and expansion valve ...
Pulled a vacuum and a leak on hose ..from expansion valve to dryer
Long story short compressor will not kick on unless I frame ground the blk 14 common wire to compressor
Look at wiring diagram and trouble shooting their is a thermostatic switch that if stuck open will not let compressor kick on ..
My question is where is this switch located at ? it shows a 20 amp and 15 amp fuse with it on wiring diagram but no part number listed
Thanks Allen

Bls repair

Occupation
Equipment operator,mechanic
Is there a high pressure and low pressure switch in the drawing?

Cmark

What wiring diagram do you have? This is what it should be to the compressor. 200-black is always battery negative.

comp.jpg

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
I have a code list for the AC units I think that are installed on that model. I'll have to do some digging to find the buttons to push on the AC control panel in the cab to bring up any fault codes. It might take me a bit so if anyone else has the right combination of buttons, feel free to post.

Attachments

• Cat AC Codes.pdf
    207.7 KB · Views: 18

Mobiltech

Occupation
Self employed Heavy duty mechanic
If you’re looking for the low temp cut off switch it will be in the evap core in the heater ac unit. It uses a capillary tube in the core to keep it from freezing.