• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat window air conditioner

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Had a building fire near me not long ago. A demo crew showed up to remove the remains of the structure. I've heard it said that demo crews can be "resourceful" when finding ways to achieve a task. LoL. I've seen this done on 4100 Mantiwoc cranes, but don't recall seeing a 320 Cat with a rear window air conditioning unit before. Didn't take the liberty of crawling around on the machine to determine how they're getting their AC electricity. :D

Cat window air conditioner.jpg

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Now that's some A/C!:thumbsup You could hang meat in there on the high setting.:D

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
I've installed a couple of Red Dot units like that. They are just like a roof mount. Just pull the window and make a steel plate with the cutout to hold the evaporator. Bolt the plate to the back of the cab and hook up your lines and power to run the fans.

It's a whole lot cheaper than the factory setup.

roddyo

Occupation
Manipulator of the Planet
I've installed a couple of Red Dot units like that. They are just like a roof mount. Just pull the window and make a steel plate with the cutout to hold the evaporator. Bolt the plate to the back of the cab and hook up your lines and power to run the fans.

It's a whole lot cheaper than the factory setup.

We got a Red Dot coming in for a Tractor.

Around $2500.00 for everything but Freon and labor.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Good idea John C, hadn't thought of that one. So a rooftop unit doesn't mind being hung vertical? Cool, might have to try that sometime. :)