• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat SS Dozer Blade help

ejb17

Occupation
Fleet Maint Mgr
I picked up a 79" CAT 6 way dozer blade to go on the front of my Komatsu SK820-5N. We get it hooked up and find that PO switched the angle and tilt hoses on the electric solenoid block. No big deal other than wasted time. Does any one here have a manual on it or can give me the part number for the manual? I calle dMilton Cat and the guy thought I was talking Chinese so I gave him the serial number off the tag and he said it would take some time and he would get back to me Monday. I did not think it would be such a big deal. I just need to get the plug wired correctly and make sure I use the two solenoids properly.
Thanks

ejb17

Occupation
Fleet Maint Mgr
Yes part number is 231-5277
Serial # is PRSSDB001028
It came off a 247B originally from the writing on it in crayon

ljcpwalker

Do you have the Part/Serial Number from the tag..? Also if you have any idea what model of Cat machine it came from originally that would help. Shouldn't be too hard to track down an electrical schematic.

I've got a 92" CAT blade I'm going to attach to my New Holland. I have to make a control harness for it. Maybe you can help me out with a wiring diagram like you helped out ejb17.

Part # 231-5275
Serial # PRSSDB000508
I have no idea what machine it came off of.

Thanks Much!

ljcpwalker

Ejb17 do you have any pointers for getting the solenoids hooked up correctly? I'm planning on mounting a momentary two way rocker on my left handle powered by a relay with an inline fuse. Thanks for any input

brickdr

Same Issue

Send me a PM with your e-mail address. I think I have everything you need.

Sir I have the same dozer blade and have a 14Pin to 9pin connector and need to know how to wire it. I am hooking it up to a Bobcat with 14 Pin ACD....just not sure of the pin out to the cat dozer blade to make it work correctly.

Any help would be apprecaited.

Thanks
Reggie

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Sir I have the same dozer blade and have a 14Pin to 9pin connector and need to know how to wire it. I am hooking it up to a Bobcat with 14 Pin ACD....just not sure of the pin out to the cat dozer blade to make it work correctly.

Any help would be apprecaited.

Thanks
Reggie
what's your blade part number - 231-5277 the same as the ones listed above..?

ScottD_Indy

Nige, can you also help me with a Manual/Electrical Schematics for the Cat Dozer Blade

Model 231-5277
Serial # appears to be PRSSDB000703

Thank you

ylekyote

Hi I have a CAT 6-way blade p/n 231 5275 that has a 8 pin receiver plug on it. They are marked A - H. Appears "A" may be ground (black, has "200" on it), and there are 6 pins total used. On the opposite end of the blade harness there are 6 smaller 2-pin plugs, each with a black "200" wire and the other 6 paired wires are: purple (1), green (1), blue (1), and white (1) and looks like brown (2). May I please have that schematic information as well?

I'm ordering a cable to connect my New Holland tracked loader to it. I need to tell New Holland how to insert the pins into their 8 pin harness I'm ordering from their cable maker. Thanks! ps...I tried to PM Nige but the system won't let me. Perhaps because I'm new. Thanks!

ylekyote

Hi Nige do you have the wiring information for this 6-way blade and the 8-pin connector that's on it?

231 5275

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
I'll have to read back through this thread and see if I can dig one out. I probably saved all the information somewhere, it's just a question of remembering where I saved the information......

You can't send PM's until you have 3 posts I think. When you have sufficient posts send your email address to me on a PM, don't post it here.

ylekyote

OK thanks! I think this is my third post so I'll try PM now. I'm ordering parts this morning about 10am if you get to it by then.

ylekyote

I still can't PM you. Can you PM me? I don't know why there are such forum rules.

ylekyote

Got it. Super thanks! If anyone else has learned some things about New Holland compact track loaders I'm new to all this and learning. I've got a LT185.B turbo model, 2006 year.