• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat SS Dozer Blade help

CRAFT

Occupation
30 yrs Owner/Operator
If you are still having problems matching up your machine to the CAT attachment get ahold of Rob @ SSGenius.com ….. or SSSolutions ... Rob is also a supporter of this site ….. he will have every available harness to match or can build it to suit your needs …. or he has the Deutsch plugs to buy and build it yourself ….. then you wouldn't have to worry about the possible negative feed backs from OEM's they ALL believe that you should only buy their matching attachments for their machines …. Let us know how you make out …. cheers

ylekyote

Hi. Thanks for the lead. I emailed rob but the email address wasn't right. I tried to search him online but couldn't find him then either. Do you have another way to contact him? Thanks, c

ylekyote

Got a hold of Rob and for $186 got what I needed, and much much much easier and cheaper (vs $1600+) than the OEM expensive and time consuming addition. I'm up and running that blade. Excellent help and product from Skid Steer Solutions in Washington!

Anyone know what causes a skid steer to behave like it wants to stall when I turn the angle or turn it left or right on my blade? I have high flow. Or only does this when I operate the angle or left and right options. Not up and down.

CRAFT

Occupation
30 yrs Owner/Operator
Got a hold of Rob and for $186 got what I needed, and much much much easier and cheaper (vs $1600+) than the OEM expensive and time consuming addition. I'm up and running that blade. Excellent help and product from Skid Steer Solutions in Washington!

Anyone know what causes a skid steer to behave like it wants to stall when I turn the angle or turn it left or right on my blade? I have high flow. Or only does this when I operate the angle or left and right options. Not up and down.

Your up & down are not even related to the blade that is totally the skid-steers boom and/or bucket curl functions ….. BUT as far as the angle functions that goes thru the blades hyd manifold ….now, are you running this thing with the hi-flow engaged ??? Because you don't need to …. If your hi-flow is actuated it could be trying to jam WAY to much oil thru a too small of a porting … causing the machine to overload and virtually trying to stall out the engine …… Check it out ??? … I had a JD 8875 W/hi-flow option it tried to do the same thing only its issues were within the machines spool bank … It COOKED the oil SO BAD that it Ate up the Main hyd pump …. 3-times !!! … Don't let it go that far Trust me on this one !!! $$$$$ …. the issue was never resolved, I wound up pulling the whole Hi-flow system off of the machine (but it was an OPTION … NOT a Factory installed system, added at the dealer ) … if you think its electrical issues then go back to Rob again he may have a clue as to WTF is going on with your machine ….. JMHO …. Cheers !!!

Last edited:

ylekyote

Oh that's awesome if that's the situation...unrequired hi-flow, that I can switch to normal flow. I haven't noticed a switch to turn that off. I'll check it out. Thanks!