• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat serial number lookup for options.

Dobber1276

5C0829E0-8C07-4C5C-AC09-03FB2AC93BFF.jpeg I’m looking at a CAT 908M wheel loader and was wondering if someone could provide a build sheet that lists all the available options etc.

Serial number is attached.

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
And one note for anyone who might be confused by the date shown in that last post:
"Build Date 14/05/2018"

Cat uses the format of Day/Month/Year, where for some reason, at least most people, in the "States" are used to Month/Day/Year.

It's usually not critical to know the exact date a machine was tested but it can just throw you off at times.

Cmark

If I might respectfully correct you there KSH, the date format SIS uses is selectable as a user preference.

date.jpg

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Not unless you have access to Cat SIS which is where that list came from.
Seat is mechanical suspension
No Ride Control - it's an attachment and this particular machine was not ordered with it.
Block heaters on Cat machines are not usually even a option. Most owners fit aftermarket.
Not sure what you mean by "return to dig". Are you talking about a tilt function RTD kickout.?

Dobber1276

Not unless you have access to Cat SIS which is where that list came from.
Seat is mechanical suspension
No Ride Control - it's an attachment and this particular machine was not ordered with it.
Block heaters on Cat machines are not usually even a option. Most owners fit aftermarket.
Not sure what you mean by "return to dig". Are you talking about a tilt function RTD kickout.?
Thanks! Anyone know if ride control is an easy add on to these loaders? And how much it costs to add on?

Return to dig keeps the bucket at the same tilt level when digging into a pile etc. Most loaders its standard.

As for block heater, up here in Canada it’s standard equipment .

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
If I might respectfully correct you there KSH, the date format SIS uses is selectable as a user preference.

View attachment 202443
Well I learned something new today! Guess I never spotted that setting. But still good to know that depending on the settings of the person posting a printout it could go either way! And no one make any off color comments on my wording:mad:

Nige

Thanks! Anyone know if ride control is an easy add on to these loaders? And how much it costs to add on?
Return to dig keeps the bucket at the same tilt level when digging into a pile etc. Most loaders its standard.
As for block heater, up here in Canada it’s standard equipment .
Ride control appears to be part of a "suite" of attachments that use a supplementary keypad in the cab which is not installed unless the machine was built with those attachments. Strangely enough the controls for the lift & tilt implement kickouts are also on that same panel. So my answer to your "how much?" question is "Probably a lot more than you'd think".
upload_2019-9-30_14-36-37.png

Regarding the block heater, can't help you there - I can only suggest that you move somewhere warmer........:p

Last edited:

Dobber1276

Ride control appears to be part of a "suite" of attachments that use a supplementary keypad in the cab which is not installed unless the machine was built with those attachments. Strangely enough the controls for the lift & tilt implement kickouts are also on that same panel. So my answer to your "how much?" question is "Probably a lot more than you'd think".
View attachment 202515

Regarding the block heater, can't help you there - I can only suggest that you move somewhere warmer........:p
Thanks for your help! This unit has that keypad cluster installed, so assuming it has those options already on it, which is good news!

Nige

On further checking, the keypad is part of the 447-0745 Hydraulic Control Arrangement shown on Line 5 of the As Shipped Consist. Therefore I think it's fair to assume that the machine is equipped with both Ride Control and RTD. Whether they actually work or not ..........

Dexter12

I’m looking at buying a cat 297c with 2100 hours on it and wondering if anyone can look up the serial number to confirm the year is 2014 as it’s listed. Also if there is anyway to see service records or do I need to call my local cat dealer Monday to see

Attachments

• CBAE06AF-4DA4-4EE2-BA7A-F4CD5C835DBF.jpeg
    CBAE06AF-4DA4-4EE2-BA7A-F4CD5C835DBF.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 9

j585

Hi, I am having trouble getting info on my mini ex. If someone could look up anything I would appreciate it.
H8X01802