• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat serial number lookup for options.

Bob M

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum and look forward to possibly contributing in the future.

The question I have is, I just bought a 2012 Caterpillar 287C2, is there anywhere i can look up the specs and options on this particular machine by just entering the serial number.

Thanks in advance.

Cmark

There's nowhere the general public can access this info, but post your serial number here and someone with access to the system will tell you.

mitch504

Yes, but the easiest thing to do is post your serial number on here, somebody on here with a subscription to SIS will run it for you.

mitch504

Cmark, I'd have beat you to it, but this dang 120 seconds between posts timer gets me all the time!

Dang! I'm waiting 40 seconds now!

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
And on something that new it may also give you the build date and also the dyno report on the engine installed in the machine.

Mark250

Occupation
heavy equipment technician
Hi everyone, I am new to this forum and look forward to possibly contributing in the future.

The question I have is, I just bought a 2012 Caterpillar 287C2, is there anywhere i can look up the specs and options on this particular machine by just entering the serial number.

Thanks in advance.
do you mean hydraulic options or all options also what spec do you require ,flow rates ,lift capacity's etc
if the machine is unaltered from factory you can get an idea by looking at the coupler set up and the joystick config for what hyd options the machine has
Mark

Bob M

This is the first Cat machine that i own so I would just like to know what it has on it, also if it has High Flow.
do you mean hydraulic options or all options also what spec do you require ,flow rates ,lift capacity's etc
if the machine is unaltered from factory you can get an idea by looking at the coupler set up and the joystick config for what hyd options the machine has
Mark

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
This is what shows in SIS:

287C2.jpg

All numbers in red take you (while in SIS) to a more detailed break-down page.