• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat excavator wiring?

anuradha

Did you check the voltage according to the below process ?

"Governor back up switch at the manual position or when these 2 wires are open in circuit, During acceleration from the speed change dial knob voltage between these 2 wires should be 15 - 30 volts.During deceleration -15-(-30 )
Volts. When starionary 0 V." During this test key switch should be at the on position.

Reactions: ALB

drew good

Did you check the voltage according to the below process ?

"Governor back up switch at the manual position or when these 2 wires are open in circuit, During acceleration from the speed change dial knob voltage between these 2 wires should be 15 - 30 volts.During deceleration -15-(-30 )
Volts. When starionary 0 V." During this test key switch should be at the on position.[/QUOTE
just checked it the most I was getting was 5 volts when it was accelerating or the accelerating

anuradha

I think you should follow the PRV troubleshooting procedure also to see that what will be the result on that particular issue as well.

Reactions: ALB

drew good

I think you should follow the PRV troubleshooting procedure also to see that what will be the result on that particular issue as well.[/QUOTE
I started to follow the procedure starting with the valve itself. It tested good. Then instead of taking the left armrest apart I went right to the connection at the controller. I unplugged it and on pins 8 and 9 it was open no shorts to ground . No shorts to any of the other pins on that connector besides pin 8 went to pin 28 when I moved the back switch for the pump. Looks like a controller problem. Has anyone tore into one of these? Controller Part number 4i-5383 . Google didn't come up with any.