• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat D6N LGP (2006)

GODSDOZER

Occupation
Dirt Contractor
Serial Number : BMA29284
Hours : about 6,000

I went and looked at this tractor today.

The Bad : It is missing the doors and the sheet metal has been torn apart from inexperienced operator clearing timber. The interior doesn't look much better. In other words it looks terrible. Undercarriage is shot.

The Good : Runs great

I can get this machine for $2,500

Would you buy it ?

Thanks for your input

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Are you kidding on price? Seriously that can't be a correct price if it has a functioning engine and transmission.

Like Nige said it's worth more than that as scrap and even more as a parts machine.

brianbulldozer

Do you know the seller personally or know him to be reputable? If not can he prove ownership and the machine to be free of liens? It sounds fishy to me and a great deal may not turn out to so great if the machine ends up being stolen, gets repossessed by his creditors, is tied up in a lawsuit or divorce, etc. I hate to be negative, but sometimes when a deal sounds too good to be true it’s time to be suspicious.

GODSDOZER

Occupation
Dirt Contractor
Do you know the seller personally or know him to be reputable? If not can he prove ownership and the machine to be free of liens? It sounds fishy to me and a great deal may not turn out to so great if the machine ends up being stolen, gets repossessed by his creditors, is tied up in a lawsuit or divorce, etc. I hate to be negative, but sometimes when a deal sounds too good to be true it’s time to be suspicious.

None of that...……………………..its a legit deal with proper paper work.

GODSDOZER

Occupation
Dirt Contractor

Yes, I agree with what you wrote. I know the seller. He bought and paid cash $49,000 4 years ago.

GODSDOZER

Occupation
Dirt Contractor
He was asking 5,000 for it, offered 2,500 and he accepted. Ill let yall know how it works out. :)

GODSDOZER

Occupation
Dirt Contractor
Got two new batteries put in . Cranked right up , moved forward and moved in reverse.

The Dash looks like a Christmas tree (a lot red lights blinking) and the buzzer going off sounds like a nuke attack. Ordered a operators manual to find out what all the red lights mean LOL

GODSDOZER

Occupation
Dirt Contractor
Bye the way, my machines are old school. D9H, D8K, D6D ect. these newer machines have too much going on...…………….Ha

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Paul did a great tutorial on how to post pics here on HEF. It's not hard.

https://www.heavyequipmentforums.com/threads/how-to-add-pics-to-forum-posts_update.49267/

Has the process to up load pictures changed since that instruction was published or is it maybe something to do with my browser? When I click on the icon for image up at the top of the box I'm writing this message in the only option I see is to insert a URL for the image.

The way I have added pictures for as long as I can recall is to use the blue button at the bottom of the box this text is being entered in:
upload picture.png
That one with the red arrow pointing to it. Then I locate the image file on my computer and double click on it to get it on the post and then select either the "Thumbnail" or "Full image" button.

By the way I'm using Chrome for my browser if that says anything!!

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Well disregard that link and my advice :rolleyes: - I though that was up to date. Long, hot week..o_O

Kshansen that is the way to post pics. Hit the upload file, choose your file off the computer and be sure to click the "Full Image" button instead of a thumbnail.

Sample pic of a project we are finishing up.

7zCfTwfZTXC3yQoC1yIJ+w.jpg

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Nice looking pick-up! Built back in the day no one gave a thought to mounting the gas tank inside the cab where driver was probably smoking his Marlboros!

If that is the owner standing behind it I would not touch the truck or you might be in big trouble!

GODSDOZER

Occupation
Dirt Contractor
Photos

Attachments

• 20190908_122133.jpg
    20190908_122133.jpg
    704.6 KB · Views: 98
  • 20190908_122242.jpg
    20190908_122242.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 111
  • 20190908_123043.jpg