• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

CAT CT660 Pics released

Fastdirt

Wow, I thought it was just a model. Didn't know Cat was really making a truck. Well if it goes with the rest of their pricing it's gotta be $200,000.00 for a dump truck

adam21584

There is one running around Birmingham AL. A dump truck with cat all over it. Looks good going down the highway.

STRPETE

I just wonder if the engine sits out where it belongs, or if it's stuffed in under the dash like the rest of these snub nosed things that are running around nowdays.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
There is one running around Birmingham AL. A dump truck with cat all over it. Looks good going down the highway.

There sure is. I have seen it several times running in and out of the quarry.;)

Randy88

So other than the transmission what part is Cat? If there's so much buzz over this truck I can't wait until John Deere makes one and puts a Cummins in it to power it, isn't that about the same thing? Oh, other than the cab, I almost forgot the most important thing on a truck and the logo on the steering wheel and hood, that'll make the truck a true purebred once those are in place.

surfer-joe

I haven't seen any of these on the road yet, but I favor the look in the pictures. Time will tell if they are any good.

granitefan713

Occupation
Design Technician
I'm still undecided on it. It looks cool, but I think there is just too much PayStar influence. I still can't believe they used the PayStar's floor mounted accelerator & brake pedals. Fully suspended pedals would be a nice feature to have, like most other manufactures are going to. At least once the MaxxForce 15...errr, sorry, CT15 becomes available, there will at least be a little Cat influence in the engine. I hope Cleveland Brothers sends that demo up to my local dealer so I can check it out for myself.

RocksnRoses

Occupation
Owner operater crushing & contracting business
Sales are very slow here, they were released early in the year and Cat were hoping to sell 500 in the first year. By July they had only sold 50. Things are slowing down here, so that could have an effect on sales as well.

RnR.

caterpillarmech

Occupation
Field Service Supervisor
Yes, I heard that cat wants to sell 500 the first year and a 1000 the next. My understanding is that there is already a waitng list. The guy's here are chomping at the bit to get it.! I bought my 9 yr old one witha three axle load king this weekend. 1:50 scale of couse. Looks great! Had to buy a 950 loader as well. Can't have an emty haul truck.

rare ss

Sales are very slow here, they were released early in the year and Cat were hoping to sell 500 in the first year. By July they had only sold 50. Things are slowing down here, so that could have an effect on sales as well.

RnR.

We had one as a demo and parked next to our Kenworths, they are tiny!!

They caused quite abit of concern with the other makers before hand but when they were launched they only rated them at 70t GCM which everyone over here (triple quad and heavy haulage) laughed at the fact they tried to sell them against a Mack or KW or even the euro brands so they spec'd them to 90t to which everyone thought they wouldnt last, CAT had afew dramas with their last batch of engines too which didnt help

Last i heard they only sold 78 of the 500 which they rushed into the country to beat the euro 5 laws so now they are stuck with over 400 2010 plated trucks which are all sitting in the weather at CAT in Melb, its quite a sight!