• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 977L Fuel Leak

jezow2010

In an effort to close this out for some other poor soul that has the same issue as we did… we found the issue. The bleeder was not seating properly and apparently that tube is where is bleeds out.

It looks like someone whacked it and bent the threads so when it was ‘tight’ the valve was not seating properly. Got it tightened down and the leak was gone!

Unfortunately, the fuel leak did not solve the knock. Looking for a good 3306 if anyone has any leads!!

Attachments

• B4E5FC6D-67AB-4CEC-A353-833DBD80856D.jpeg
    B4E5FC6D-67AB-4CEC-A353-833DBD80856D.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 9

jezow2010

Take a listen to this - https://youtube.com/shorts/bbGKiE64lRQ?feature=share

When I shut it off it stopped very abruptly. I went to turn the fan over and it would not budge as it would before.

What is the interchangeability on these 3306 engines? I see different injection systems like we have on the two machines and then I see direct injection engines. Can I put a DI 3306 in place of a PC one?