• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

CAT 963 VS Deere 755

roysbigtoys

Occupation
Excavating Contractor
I would appreciate anyone's opinion that has run these machines. I am looking to buy my first track loader. I have ran a few 963B's and a 963C ( and that is probably what I will buy ), but have not tried out a Deere 755. What are the pro's and con's of each machine? Which one is the least expensive to own?

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Deere is as expensive to repair and a taste harder to find parts for the older units. Deere does not hold its value as well as a Cat, and as I have run both a 953B and a 755 trying them out would rather be on the Cat.

hvy 1ton

Everything before the 755K was built by Liebherr and with the partnership mostly, if not completely, dead parts might become an adventure.

Welder Dave

Original 755 and 755B, 655B and 855, 855B models were Deere designed and built. I think the liebherr machines may have started with the C models. I did a lot of welding on my former neighbors 755 used for demolition.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Problem lays with the drive pump/motor components, was explained by a local shop those too had Liebherr origins on the older machines for a long way back.

roysbigtoys

Occupation
Excavating Contractor
Thanks for all of the info. I really like the looks of the 755D & K, but do not like the fact that they are probably not as good as the 963. A Deere salesman was telling me yesterday that somewhere back that the K's are now built in Iowa and are a all Deere machine. Does anyone know what year Deere starting building there own machines and what do you think of them since then?

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
I suspect 'Assembled' in Iowa, no doubt the hydro components are from overseas. Have not the pleasure nor pain of working a Deere recently beyond an old 555G.

mikebramel

Deere probably has Danfoss pump/motors which are easier to get parts for than Cat. Old Deere herr had Linde, which are top units.... assuming they aren't ran dry or overheated

hvy 1ton

All K loaders are designed/built by Deere starting with the 605K in 2011ish, larger machines maybe 2014. There are a couple 755K's around here. I don't know anything other than they haven't been traded off for 963's.

SVTSHELBYGT500

Occupation
Excavating Contractor 30 + Yrs.
Local cat dealer delivered a new 953 d . This about 2 years ago . Used it for few days and liked it alot . My local Deere dealer took me to coal valley , Deere demo area . Run a 655k for 3 hours was Soo impressed the I ordered a new 655k and love it ! They are built in Iowa ! Unlike a lot of cat stuff . I know these aren't 963 & 755 but all built on same lines

roysbigtoys

Occupation
Excavating Contractor
Local cat dealer delivered a new 953 d . This about 2 years ago . Used it for few days and liked it alot . My local Deere dealer took me to coal valley , Deere demo area . Run a 655k for 3 hours was Soo impressed the I ordered a new 655k and love it ! They are built in Iowa ! Unlike a lot of cat stuff . I know these aren't 963 & 755 but all built on same lines

Now you have me wondering what I am missing if I don't try out a 755K. What was it that was impressive? Please give me the good and the bad of your 665K. Like you said I think the 655K and the 755K would be similar.

SVTSHELBYGT500

Occupation
Excavating Contractor 30 + Yrs.
When I compared cats model was 953d . They used a single tank for hyd system and travel system . If you have a component failure u got a real problem . 655k uses 2 separate systems . Cat has had failure . Drive components for 655 k is sized same as 750k dozer . 755 k sized as 855k dozer . These components are pretty much bullet proof . Check it out . For the amount of money your going to spend I would demo both !

roysbigtoys

Occupation
Excavating Contractor
Well I could not find a 755K any where near me to try out and ended up buying a 2006 model 963C with 8700 hrs. I haven't got to use it much with periods of rain for the last 2 weeks. So far I am real happy with it. Maybe when it comes time to up grade there will be a 755 in the area to try out.
Thanks for all the input from everyone,
Happy Easter

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Saw a new 953K the other day, ugly little machine. All the tins had been restyled, looks more like a Komatsu than a Cat. Asked the hauler about it, he had nothing good to say beyond the controls were easy to use.