• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

CAT 955 Steering clutches

showrguy

Thanks guys,
I'm gonna send him to this thread, rather than trying to relay all this info without missing something..
Hopefully he will join in on the conversation...
I know he's cuttin firewood today, so maybe this evening..

Edit; He did mention something about a copper line that was kinked/squished years ago, but he said it seemed to run better after that happened.... so I'm assuming that line has something to do with the fuel system ??

Last edited:

showrguy

We did'nt forget about this project fellas..
My buddy was off for a week and had some time to mess with getting this machine started..
Replaced 1 battery, new fuel line....he got covered in diesel, and is getting very frustrated....
He said he has good fuel pressure @ #4 injector line, but the others just drip.. ??
He tried to log on here but the site won't allow him, he thinks he was on here years ago and can't remember his password..

tctractors

Easy, go to post 38 that has the red ring on the rack travel limiter, look down from it to the blanking plug on the angle, remove this plug and with the throttle open poke a thin screw driver or pin up the hole and give the peg a prod, you will feel it give allowing full rack movement, sometimes this peg can stick after a long snooze that these older CAT's seem to get, once freed they usually seem to behave, don't do this with the engine running you are warned.
tctractors