• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 943

orangepeanut

I have a new to me cat 943 loader, I was pushing up some stumps and stuff today and noticed that my right side drive motor is making contact with the cover in from of it. Seems like it only does it while turning left. Looking it over I don't see anything loose or anything and the motor looks right. Is there something I should be looking for suck as bushings or bearings? The matching has a fairly new undercarriage on it.

orangepeanut

When I turn left it almost looks like the drive is pulling forward into the plate. I have noticed that the plate is pulled out away from the track a little more than on the left side.

orangepeanut

I doubt the final drive is moving. If the wear in the bearings were that bad it should have self destructed by now.
I'd say you have pivot shaft and/or equaliser bar wear.
Upon further inspection it appears that most of the bolts are broke off in what I'm assuming is the pivot shaft. Looks like someone welded it instead of replacing bolts and now the welds are loose as well. Only 2 bolts at the top are present.

orangepeanut

I have a friend that is good at working on about anything and fixes most of my stuff at reasonable prices. I will be taking it to him so that he can take the track loose and try to fix it right. Just blows my mind that people do things like this instead of the right way.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
See HMC's post #15 above. All the Part Numbers are on it.
You may find that the shaft is OK and all you need to do (maybe easier said than done if the broken bits are tight in the holes) is remove the all the broken bolts #12 and replace them with all new ones. I fear that in order to get access into that area to extract the bolts it may mean the track frame is going to have to come off, and to get that off will require the track to be spilt. A big job.

You're certainly going to have to support the machine from undeneath somehow. All that is holding up the LH side now the weld has broken are those 2 bolts. CARE NEEDED..............

Last edited: